Thunderstorms - 2017

Soldato
Was in the gym this morn and got a txt from my sister that there was a storm(we both enjoy trying to photograph lightning so any storm is exciting.), good job I took my phone in as my windows were down. Serious amount of water came down in very small space of time (south east)

Soldato
The storm last night, in Plymouth, was awesome (literal meaning of the word). I've never seen anything like it. The lightning was illuminating the sky every second or so, I opened the curtains in the living room and it looked like someone was standing outside with strobe light, it was so bright and fast. As for the thunder, it was loud. We have the British championship fireworks contest down here in Plymouth, the noise from that doesn't even compare to the volume on some of those thunder rolls and bangs. It went on for hours, it was crazy.

Man of Honour
Was pretty crazy here in Somerset last night - heard it rolling in for about 10 minutes in the distance sounding like artillery - mostly cloud to cloud stuff (really bassy rumbles but not the same volume as the ground strikes) but 2 really massive ground strikes and absolute torrential rain for an hour.

Soldato
Thunderstorms are rolling into the NW this lunchtime according to the forecast.

I'm in Cheshire and looking at the sky I'd say we are in for a storm very soon!

Had a wicked downpour in Alsager about 12:30, it's cleared now and dried up already.

Soldato
Disappointing where I am. I was up near Gateshead earlier and one was starting. By the time I had got back home (south west Co.Durham) it was just like it was yesterday. And still is.

I WANT THE THUNDER!

Soldato
Just had a storm roll over us, and another in full flow just to the SE, cant remember the last time in the UK I heard a thunderstorm this active, continuous rumbling for the last 40 minutes at least.
Truly beautiful.
Been needing a good storm for a while now, looking forward to the slightly fresher air when it passes.

Soldato
Was pretty awesome here in Devon last night(very early this morning starting around 1am) - never seen anything like it. 1hour+ of random flashes everywhere and just a background rumble with only a few loud bangs of thunder.
From Plymouth herald:
Lightning.jpg
Also some pictures here once you get past the annoying ads:
http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/the...htning-storm/story-30357297-detail/story.html

Back
Top Bottom