Thunderstorms - 2017

Caporegime
ooo, I couldn't see where it was, somewhere south behind a hill, but there was just a series of very bright flashes, like 5-6 pulses of light, holy crap, typing and just saw freaking awesome lightning. Massive forks coming down above hastings. I'm opposite a large field, unfortunately uphill so not a huge distance view. Getting good now.

Soldato
Yea looks like we got a little of it passing but it's moving along the coast. Still getting some nice forks and rumbles, rain has kicked in too. You can see it moving along though rather than coming towards :(

Soldato
ooo, I couldn't see where it was, somewhere south behind a hill, but there was just a series of very bright flashes, like 5-6 pulses of light, holy crap, typing and just saw freaking awesome lightning. Massive forks coming down above hastings. I'm opposite a large field, unfortunately uphill so not a huge distance view. Getting good now.

Looks like there is a lot heading Hastings way jealous

Man of Honour
This is the best site for real time tracking of weather: https://www.ventusky.com/?p=51.13;0.43;6&l=cape&t=20170529/00

I woke up the other night by THUNDER!

So whipped out the phone and recorded these:

ZmyROpJ.gif

Ke86QHJ.gif

M4fq4RG.gif

Caporegime
I'm actually in Pett, getting a huge amount of flashes in the sky but very little forking where I can see. Looks like it's almost all south of me. My windows face more east/west. Moved in, late November so first real lightning storm. THe one a week ago or so we got thunder but no real lightning, was day time as well... getting all excited about it like a little girl :p

My knees are too bad to drive so I never bothered learning, I suspect if I could and drove down to the park on the cliffs above Hastings the view would be absolutely spectacular, see everything around and a storm out to sea probably.

Calming down now, had 5 mins of heavy activity, still the odd big flash, lights up a pitch black field opposite me in a super super creepy horror film way, it's great :p

Need to befriend someone on the main road in pett, it's at the top of a hill so the guys on the south side of the road have insane views out towards the beaches and then out to sea. Find someone who will let me come and watch a lightning storm from a conservatory.

Caporegime
After a bit of a lull activity increasing again. I'm not seeing an awful lot still unfortunately. I also have a giant hedge which blocks out a lot of the view more south, previous owners let it grow into a monster and I can't get rid of it till the nesting birds are done with it :(

Caporegime
I bet it awesome if you have sea view at hasting right now

I'm going to find a way to watch a thunderstorm from the carpark on cliffs above hastings, been there just to walk around a bit(hobble in my case) with friends. You can see a lot of the coast out towards Camber/Dungeness, or the view from Winchelsea or somewhere, must be absolutely amazing. I might learn to drive just for that experience :p

Back
Top Bottom