Tiger Style: Build log

Permabanned
Yeah thought of that bought having trouble sourcing some. The same sort of stuff stained glass windows use but I can only find bulk orders.

I can send you a couple of sheets if you want dude, mail me your address to my trust account

Clear orange plastic it is if thats what your after, maybe you can melt it round the led's :confused:

Soldato
w3bbo, can't wait to see the end results! :)

You seem to have a draw full of heatsinks for any occassion? Is this something that has built up over time or did you buy a load of 3rd party heatsinks for the project?

Man of Honour
OP
End results almost here. I'm afraid you will have to sit through one of my video build logs to see the finished product;):cool:

Uploading........

Soldato
w3bbo, thanks for the big effort in making this build log, most people would get frazzled by just the workload of the build itself let alone the documenting and publishing of said build log.

I think we both graduated at the same university of anal retentiveness and I'm always glad to see someone else who is a real stickler for details, I can't fault your work at all! (although I have a strange condition that makes me cringe whenever I see blatent fingerprints on uber hardware! If I buy you some white cotten gloves will you wear them! ;)).

I'm curious how long you have been into water cooling and what made you give it a go?

Man of Honour
OP
Well the thing is if I didn't pay attention to details it would bug the hell out of me. There are still a few bits and pieces I need to perfect and I'm still not 100% satisfied with the build but I had to get the vid done for another competition so may aswell post an 'ads removed' version here too.

Just waiting for youtube to 'approve' the vid now :o.

I've been 'into' watercooling for a few years now and started out with a coolriver product that to be quite honest is laughable by todays standards. It came to something when you think a thermaltake bigwater is an upgrade! I just like the look of it. The industrial feel of it and the 'OMG! :eek: he's put water in a pc' look when friends & family visit. There is also silence to consider - I hate noisy, whiny fans and no matter what folks say, to get the best out of an aircooler you need a powerful fan and/or very good airflow.

It is never really a bind making a watercooled setup for me as I reckon I actually enjoy building the pc's as much as using them although it can be a little frustrating having to drain loops just to complete a small upgrade.

I have wanted to dabble with phase/ln2/dice but the whole idea of that goes against my thoughts on pc use. I prefer 24/7 USEABLE overclocks, I see little point in overclocking if you can't make use of said overclock. Benching is great fun in the short term and an e-peen parade but I personally prefer to see the benifits of my clocking. It bugs me when review sites post suicide shots as this is of no use to the person reading the review and can be misleading - gimme a stable 24/7 overclock, which takes more work than a suicide shot, any day of the week.

Anyway - after my mini rant the vids finally been approved :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dP7QOQydA-A

Hope you like!

Man of Honour
OP
BTW a Tiger is nothing without teeth;):

4.1ghz STABLE

4100.jpg

Man of Honour
OP
Associate
Great video there, nice and easy to understand :).

You have really tempted me to get into the watercooling scene, as I am only getting 3.6GHz on air at the moment. Could push further, but I don't want my temps to go above 60C (load).

I am envious of a quiet system though, that would be nice :p.

Caporegime
Read my post again m8, I am no#1 in watercooling. The 4.3 is on phase;)

great video mate, and a great looking system, im moving to a q6600 and a new 780i mobo next week and maybe another gts for sli, may consider water cooling as ive had my current gear on air as far as i can get it, seeing your build gives me a bit of inspiration to go with water:) btw the way w3bbo do you play cod 4 on the cpc server that cupra runs, ive been on it a few times and recognised a few names from the forum, really good server with good friendly players:)

Back
Top Bottom