• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

TIME FOR ANOTHER 6900 XT DEAL? I THINK SO! *PRE-ORDER SPECIAL* PLUS SOME OTHER AMD DEALS!

Soldato
The point being 1080p has been around forever. I've been on 1440p for about 12 years and I'm not an early adopter by any means. 1080p is a step backwards, something wrong if users are having to stay at 1080p to just be able to afford a GPU to run it.
The problem is The RX 580 4GB and RX 570 4GB launch was at an MSRP of £185 and £165 back in 2017, and the 6500XT 4GB is slower than the RX 580, tiny bit faster than the RX570, but more expensive than both/around the same price after over 5 years later...

Soldato
The problem is The RX 580 4GB and RX 570 4GB launch was at an MSRP of £185 and £165 back in 2017, and the 6500XT 4GB is slower than the RX 580, tiny bit faster than the RX570, but more expensive than both/around the same price after over 5 years later...

They're trying to kill off the old low-end and force everyone to pay £500 upwards.

Associate
oled burn in is holding me back from going 4k :p
I got a 55inch 4k Samsung QLED tv 2 years ago specifically because I was scared of burn-in (Qled don't have the burn-in problem) and I've seen plenty of horror stories on the net of game huds getting burnt into LG Oled screens and/or dead pixels.

I saw the Samsung and the LG side by side in the shop and the Samsung had the better picture and no light screen reflctions either, so I'm pretty happy with my choice and it's great for 120hz gaming

Soldato
Yes that is terrible. The manufacturers are short sighted, the low end brings in the kids and the future high end buyers, more of them equals more sales. I suspect too many of the hierarchy are so wealthy now they have forgotten what constitutes affordable. If I was a teenager £200 would seem like a lot of money. There should be a decent 1440p card for that by now.

Deleted member 258511

D

Deleted member 258511

I got a 55inch 4k Samsung QLED tv 2 years ago specifically because I was scared of burn-in (Qled don't have the burn-in problem) and I've seen plenty of horror stories on the net of game huds getting burnt into LG Oled screens and/or dead pixels.

I saw the Samsung and the LG side by side in the shop and the Samsung had the better picture and no light screen reflctions either, so I'm pretty happy with my choice and it's great for 120hz gaming
I bought the Samsung QLed and although brighter, I wouldn’t say it’s anywhere near as good as my Oled. The dirty screen effect is horrendous in the Samsung, so much so that I returned mine until I got a more acceptable panel.

For the price, when discounted especially, and the size being small enough to use as a monitor, the OLED is the best.

Soldato
Yes that is terrible. The manufacturers are short sighted, the low end brings in the kids and the future high end buyers, more of them equals more sales. I suspect too many of the hierarchy are so wealthy now they have forgotten what constitutes affordable. If I was a teenager £200 would seem like a lot of money. There should be a decent 1440p card for that by now.
I still remember the HD5850 gone as low as £125 and the GTX560ti being around £170.

For the money back then even if they were not top-end at the time, they were still very capable cards for the mainstream!

Shame that today's equivalent cards are now at priced at £300+

Soldato

This is how modern business operates, next quarter, next earnings call. That's all that matters. However, I think they know EXACTLY what is and what isn't "affordable" and they simply don't care.

OcUK Staff
OP
@Gibbo is there any more 6800XT, 6900XT or 6950XT deals planned?

Afraid not sorry now.

I suspect when it comes the 7800 XT will over 6950 XT performance and 16G for around $699 and a regular 7800 with maybe 6900 XT performance for like $649 if and when they come, I’d suspect around March.

6900/6950 are pretty much cleared out now I think and there is not much 6800 series left.

I’d hazard we will then see a 7700 XT with 12G at $499 which will performance around 6800 levels and 7600 XT 8G for $399 with 6750XT performance I suspect.

In total guess work but I’d hazard the above March onwards next year. Whether or not the entire range will be nee chipper architecture or AMD will do some classic re boxing and re spinning is an unknown.

Last edited:
Soldato
Afraid not sorry now.

I suspect when it comes the 7800 XT will over 6950 XT performance and 16G for around $699 and a regular 7800 with maybe 6900 XT performance for like $649 if and when they come, I’d suspect around March.

6900/6950 are pretty much cleared out now I think and there is not much 6800 series left.

I’d hazard we will then see a 7700 XT with 12G at $499 which will performance around 6800 levels and 7600 XT 8G for $399 with 6750XT performance I suspect.

All total guess work but I’d hazard the above March onwards next year.
Thanks mate, I've been having problems with my XTX so figured I'd ask, trying to figure out what my best option is going forward

Soldato

It may look better or as good in a brightly light shop due to the brightness QLED offers but if you took the OLED home you would have soon seen how much better it is, especially in dark and low light scenes

Associate
That is a relief to read. I have the exact same issue with my MSI MAG motherboard (slightly different version to you) and this card. It booted once, and since then hasn’t ever displayed a thing.

I fitted a 1300w power supply today to prove it wasn’t a PSU issue. I can’t fit the card into my second PCI slot - the card is too deep.

I also found the same thread as you. There appears to be a fundamental compatibility issue with this card and MSI motherboards.

Very odd. Had the same motherboard and CPU as you, and for a while the Red Devil 6900XT and worked fine. Returned the GPU as the coil whine was unbearable.
Only replaced the motherboard for the EDGE as I managed to get some good DDR5 at a fair price.
Between the change of motherboards I had an Asus Z690-F and the very, very, very slow boot put me off.
Very odd as the previous GPU works at the first PCI-E slot.
Very naive to suggest that, but try with every setting (BIOS) on default.

I solved my problem...... by replacing the mobo with an Asus.

Now to convince the retailer to refund me for the MSI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
oled burn in is holding me back from going 4k :p
GPU prices are holding me back from 4k on my LG B1 :(

Re 6500xt.
Card is taking the pee. Taking shipping, manufacturing and inflation into consideration it's fair it should cost more than the previous budget model, 5500xt. But it's got stripped out encoding and chokes on itself at too high settings at 1080p, unlike previous budget cards. Little life left in the 6500xt i suspect.

Yeah i'm happy to spend £800 on a TV but not ~£150 on a 6500xt, but the TV can do other jobs, a 6500xt can't, i need encoding.

Shame to see the other 6*00 up in price. Come April clocks go forward, no time for 7600/7700 for me sadly. Think i'm just gonna crack and pick up a 6600 2nd hand. Sad times.

Associate
Getting a 4k oled/qled is the same as getting a new graphics card. The difference is huge. Best £1000 I ever spent
yeah just the burn in is a constant worry with them, any monitor i have had the only issue has been if they arrive with dead pixels, oled ones you might get a couple years before your 1k monitor looks like something that should be down at the bowling alley

Associate
yeah just the burn in is a constant worry with them, any monitor i have had the only issue has been if they arrive with dead pixels, oled ones you might get a couple years before your 1k monitor looks like something that should be down at the bowling alley
I have Samsung qled so there is no burn in risk

Back
Top Bottom