Time.Sync.

Soldato
OP
God dammit I don't even like RGB FFS

qmCq5Bp.jpg

So I bought four of these.

mtDHeuM.jpg

As you do, FFS. I made sure they were the correct type for me (ignore Aura Sync that is 3 pin...)

r6AveAj.jpg

Darn good thing I got this now

nBCL63x.jpg

Got a feeling I am gonna need it.

Soldato
OP
Looking good. Still partial to the old triad myself

Me too and I won't be getting rid but it simply can't take any more cooling and the CPU is a bit much.

I've still got the proper box for it, padding etc. When I finally settle into a property I can call home I will no doubt use it as some sort of totally OTT NAS or something :D

Soldato
OP
Been thinking about getting a "new" power supply for my new build. Not strictly new, but one that makes it so I can leave the AX1200 in situ and keep all of the blue cables in there. So that I can drop in a mobo and CPU at another time, and not have to remove all of the wiring.

Was poking about on Ebay and found this for £75.

nH0AWPm.jpg

0irYg0i.jpg

Warranty seals are all in place. Reason it was cheap? he says "Comes only with the cables you see". Thing is, I already have extensions for what I need (one 8 pin EPS, one 6 and one 8 pin PCIE and 24 pin) I can see plenty of those on it.

I also ordered this yesterday...

3IIFKoj.jpg

X2 and three of these.

sXA2VdT.jpg

Ignore they are red you won't see them. I just wanted it to be clear what was molex and what was SATA, if that makes sense.

Soldato
OP
Success, and failure.

I arrived home at around 3pm yesterday. I did numerous jobs (changed bed, cleaned bathroom etc) and then set about the front panel. However, I ended up working until nearly midnight. I ended up finding the front panel didn't fit, and by this time I was tired and annoyed. I went a little gung ho with the belt sander, destroyed the front panel :(

I went to bed really annoyed, because everything else I did yesterday came out cool. I even fixed my bike in the interim..

Any way, today I made a new one (much grumbling and cussing)

I6Pczab.jpg

Plastic welded on a set of sides, then plastic welded onto the case and tapped in four bolts.

P93Tr7d.jpg

Winning.

DqEs8sY.jpg

Soldato
OP
Thanks man. I'm happy with it. Now I need to come up with a way to change the time on the clock, without having to remove the entire front of the rig lol. A bit of an oversight there.....

Soldato
OP
PSU has entered the building. Been through it with a multi meter, seems spot on.

Cleaning and wrapping wires continues also.

ChOtRbl.jpg

Any worry I had about the PSU not having enough cables evaporated when I found this. How cool is this?

unw6yGQ.jpg

I'ma need me some cotton gloves.....

Soldato
OP
So last night after wrapping a lot of the case wiring in cloth tape (simply awesome stuff) I started thinking about the wiring. I realised that there was going to be a lot. More than any build I have done.

So I added more. Yes, this is an act of masochism.

e3ar3tO.jpg

I looked at all of those and they are all similar. Only most are 5v (useless to me) and the other half are Phanteks with bogus connectors you have to pay £4 each to convert. Yeah, nah.

So I got four of those (one single @ £7.99 and a triple pack for £18.99) and then of course I am going to need another one of these, not goosed (like the RAM one).

nBCL63x.jpg

Which was £8.99. However, I scored the fans really cheap (£5 each) and this is subtle and can be put on any fan which I prefer the idea of.

Soldato
OP
Bit more done. When the pump arrived it was 12v molex and a blue signal cable. So I wired it into a 3 pin connector, braided it etc. The yellow is deliberate. It is so I know which one is the pump and where it is. This is important, because you can stop fans for ages but as soon as that pump stops your hardware hits 106c.

syla5Hy.jpg

I've left the halos running all day cycling to make sure they are OK. One of the four was messed up so I have returned it and ordered three more. Overkill? yes probably but insurance. These are £18 for three, NZXT etc are £20+ for one. So I figured sod it.

O0vjewe.jpg

e9fKAjC.jpg

UhRhvaW.jpg

When lit up the fan blade textures look great. I will need to have some parts made for the rad holder (nothing is final it's all just plopped on).

Associate
BI9KWyS.jpg

Done. Gosh that casing was fiddly stuff !

Totally agree very fiddly!I ended up using tweasers to hold the nuts to get them started,Just built one of these with my son as his first soldering project to see if he enjoyed it (he did, he loves it)
A quick question for you, does it just scroll through the time,temp etc or can you set it to stay on just the time ? I haven't had time to play with it and the instructions were not the clearest! Sorry to go off topic but was hoping you could answer this as it's begining to become slightly annoying!

Soldato
OP
Totally agree very fiddly!I ended up using tweasers to hold the nuts to get them started,Just built one of these with my son as his first soldering project to see if he enjoyed it (he did, he loves it)
A quick question for you, does it just scroll through the time,temp etc or can you set it to stay on just the time ? I haven't had time to play with it and the instructions were not the clearest! Sorry to go off topic but was hoping you could answer this as it's begining to become slightly annoying!

I am as confused as you lol. I haven't managed to stop it cycling, and it shows a number 1-7 :S bit odd that ! The date is also "en yank" IE - the month and day are barse ackward lol. Thankfully I had 9 years of that so I can deal with it.. I need to counter sink some of the bolts on it, as the two front facing ones are stopping me mounting it flat. I also need to make a black surround, more in keeping with the other devices.

One thing that has been bothering me ever since I started the build is the fact that when you vertical mount a GPU the power cables are sent skyward. So instead of bending them sideways to make it out of the management hole I decided to get one of these.

fr4TVy2.jpg

For a mere £6, brand new. It will allow the cables to go straight out of the case.

I am also going to mod it with a splash of grey I think.

In other news I am going to need to have some custom parts fabricated in order to get the fan res mount on over the halos. Have spoken to a friend, should be doable :) I will also need some custom length bolts made up too, as there aren't any around that would be long enough.

Soldato
OP
*thinks out loud*.

Decided to order a sheet of this..

EKqjn9H.jpg

It was something I saw a while ago on Wheeler Dealers. IDK if you watch it, but they basically took a car and did this to it..

Pxwz3g5.jpg

So basically you have a vinyl that in certain lights does nothing at all. It's completely inanimate. Then you add light and you get this...

Img5qXu.jpg

I'm sure you get the idea. I have been drawing today so will play with it at some point.

Back
Top Bottom