Time to switch to console gaming :)

Soldato
I don't usually bother posting in these kind of threads anymore as the Sony reality distortion field is always in full effect.

The X1X is by far the better hardware (faster, quiter, better controller, better integration with other devices), Live simply works better than PSN and the free games are far better. It's cheaper for a Live sub, the Microsoft exclusives are as good as Sony's (Forza / Forza Horizon, Halo, Gears, State of Decay, are all superb) and the 3rd party titles all look better on X1X. EA Access is brilliant for the money and Xbox game pass is also the better offering than PS now.
I agree with you on the Xbox to some degree but the reason why I've grabbed the PS4 is for the exclusives, if you've got a PC then Forza Horizon 4 can be played on that :)

Soldato
Ori and The Blind Forest is my favourite Xbox exclusive this gen - can't wait for The Will of the Wisps. Don't get me wrong I love my XB1 but MS can't hold a candle to what Sony are doing in-house.

Soldato
If you were to list the best games of this generation, almost all of them are on PS4. By not buying a PS4, you'd be missing some truly great games.

On the other hand, almost every one of those great PS4 exclusives is a 3rd person action game. Yes, they tell moving stories and have great graphics. But the core gameplay mechanics don't really vary that much. The PS4's exclusives are, in all honesty, a bit samey. And most of them are huge, taking dozens of hours to complete. I'm not having a dig at those games, but if you can play TLOU, Uncharted (the whole series; I hadn't owned a PlayStation before), Horizon, God of War & Bloodborne back-to-back, you've got a lot more patience than I have. The Switch has completely distracted me from them over the past few months.

The Xbox has a somewhat better variety of exclusives, ranging from 3rd person action, to FPS, to platformers, strategy games, and racers. They may not be as good, objectively, but there's some real flawed gems among its line-up. Sunset Overdrive, Cuphead, Forza Horizon 2&3, Halo Wars 2, Ori, and Sea of Thieves are some of my favourite games of this generation. Plus, there's Xbox Game Pass and EA Access. Between them, you get access to a huge library of games straight away. You could buy the Xbox on its own and struggle to get bored for months.

Personally, I'd get both (eventually). Which is the best pick now? The PS4 has the standout games that you need to catch up on. The Xbox One is simply better value, once you account for the subscription services. I doubt you'll get bored either way once you throw in some sports titles and the big multi-platform releases.

Last edited:
Associate
EA access is pointless as everything is made available too long after it’s original release date.
Not wholly true, sports games you're correct but it does have the likes of Titanfall 2 and Mass Effect in there.

If you're going to play more multi-platform games and want the best hardware then you can't knock the Xbox. If you have a gaming PC then the likes of Sea of Thieves, Cuphead and Forza you can get on that. Hence my point, to experience all games and not miss out on the big ones then it's PC, PS4 and Switch.

Associate
There’s a reason MS made gamepass as they are losing badly this gen so have to try and entice customers to buy their consoles. I had both and hardly ever turn the Xbox on as apart from forza nothing interested me this gen. And now GT sport is on PS4 it wipes the floor with forza

Soldato
As someone who owns an XB1, PS4 and switch I'd personally say the Playstation 4 pro is the best console out there. Even without a 4K TV games look noticeably better Vs the standard PS4.

As has been said the PS4 has the better exclusives and the fact Sony offer a VR solution makes it a far better machine than the Xbox as far as I'm concerned.

Associate
Surely it all depends on what your friends have? Playing with friends will vastly outweigh any exclusive. I've got both, while I'd like to play many Ps4 exclusives, I just haven't gotten round to playing any. I managed to get the pro on release day and I've put in around 10 hours into it, ultimate dust collector. Rest of the time I'm on the xbox with friends.

That being said, if all your friends play on the PC, then get a ps4. Great single player games.

Man of Honour
Surely it all depends on what your friends have? Playing with friends will vastly outweigh any exclusive. I've got both, while I'd like to play many Ps4 exclusives, I just haven't gotten round to playing any. I managed to get the pro on release day and I've put in around 10 hours into it, ultimate dust collector. Rest of the time I'm on the xbox with friends.

That being said, if all your friends play on the PC, then get a ps4. Great single player games.

That's the reason I enjoy the switch so much. Online just can't compare to all being in the same room shouting at each other.

Soldato
I don't usually bother posting in these kind of threads anymore as the Sony reality distortion field is always in full effect.

The X1X is by far the better hardware (faster, quiter, better controller, better integration with other devices), Live simply works better than PSN and the free games are far better. It's cheaper for a Live sub, the Microsoft exclusives are as good as Sony's (Forza / Forza Horizon, Halo, Gears, State of Decay, are all superb) and the 3rd party titles all look better on X1X. EA Access is brilliant for the money and Xbox game pass is also the better offering than PS now.
Not one of them games going forward isn't going to be on PC, not an exclusive really.

I won't deny its more powerful cause xbox one x simply is, shame its os its still a pile of crap.

If your selling op then yeah an xbox one makes sense but if you want exclusives you won't see on a pc then ps4 all the way, whilst no ea access can still get sports games too not like there xbox only

Associate
Time to switch to console gaming? Eh, No.

The only positive aspect going for consoles is their very few exclusive first party titles. Everything else, and i do mean everything else, is a step backwards.

Want to play consoles games? Wait until the generation is over, pick up the console for less than £100, and the exclusive games for under a tenner a pop. Then sell the lot once your done and make your money back. That's console gaming for me in a nutshell.

Soldato
I own both Xbox One and PS4, and I haven't touched my Xbox in a long long time.

The reason for me is because I prefer the Ps4 interface. I always felt my Xbox was trying to sell me more services or products.

I would love a PS4 Pro now, but can't warranty the cost to upgrade vs the benefit.

Pretty much the same as me.
Last gen I pretty much only played on my Xbox 360 as I thought the PS3 was a bit rubbish and PSN wasn't up the XBL standards. But this gen I pretty much just play on my PS4. It's not that the Xbone is bad, it's just that the PS4 has much better exclusives. And I prefer the PS4 UI to what the Xbone currently has.

Associate
I am at the same point really. There is very little these days that is PC specific outside of maybe race sims and city games (like Cities XXL) that I want to play (not that I play much) that isn't on a console. I would like to play games like Battlefield with a keyboard and mouse but fact is the differences in graphics simply don't support the extra money you have to spend and the differences to any normal person are minor.

@Housey - yeah totally agree, I always prefer FPS games on the PC (for the mouse and keyboard feel) but to be honest it's not worth the cost anymore.

You can use m&KB on console, but you'll need an adapter like the xim apex.
It's a bit of a touchy subject tho as some people call using one cheating. I don't know if I'd call it (using your preferred method of control) cheating but it certainly give you a Massive advantage over controller users.

Man of Honour
They wouldnt call me a cheater, just a target standing in the open with a "whats going on here" look on his face.

Man of Honour
You can use m&KB on console, but you'll need an adapter like the xim apex.
It's a bit of a touchy subject tho as some people call using one cheating. I don't know if I'd call it (using your preferred method of control) cheating but it certainly give you a Massive advantage over controller users.

When I tried one on cod I got ten times my usual kd ratio, it felt dirty to use. If you're not top of the server score board when using one you must be terrible at the game as it's such an incredibly huge advantage.

However microsoft have said via a tweet that is fine to use.

Back
Top Bottom