• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan V announced £2700 15TF 12nm Volta

Man of Honour
I'm actually tempted :eek:

Although knowing how nvidia works, the 2080Ti or whatever it ends up being called will no doubt be nearly as fast as this for a third of the price, and probably won't be too far behind

Soldato
Mate that sold me pascal Titan X when he upgraded for Next Titan Xp Ordered one also :)
https://i.imgur.com/E3GXOgU.png
Me too... I'd have bought two at that price if they hadn't killed SLi

Unless the gaming performance matches th price increase over the Xp I’ll just have to hold out longer with my 980Ti.

I just wanted to upgrade and wait another 3-4 years. Prices are a little silly.

Seems the Titan has shifted from Top gaming and Prosumer to mostly the latter.
I wonder how the performance and drivers will compare to Quadro cards

Soldato
Not sure what's annoying me more. The fact it's £2700.

Or the fact I keep wanting to call it the Titan 5 :p.

Nice card but that price :o if it was £1100 I'd be tempted but. No thanks will wait for the consumer cards.

Soldato
Not sure what's annoying me more. The fact it's £2700.

Or the fact I keep wanting to call it the Titan 5 :p.

Nice card but that price :o if it was £1100 I'd be tempted but. No thanks will wait for the consumer cards.

That’s how they catch us! The “mid range” of the 70 and 80 will launch first. Maybe Q3 next year we might see the 80Ti.

That’s a long time until something that may, or may not match a fully unlocked GV100

bru

bru

Soldato
You have to love the point they make about free shipping, I should bleeding well think so at that price.
It does look nice though and only 250 tdp.

Associate
I remember watching Top Gear back in the mid/late 2000´s. Back then, £300.000- 400.000 was the price for a "hypercar" like the Pagani Zonda, Koenigsegg CCX and Porsche Carrera GT. Then the Bugatti Veyron came along. And suddenly hypercar prices exploded to £1 million+, because it proved there was a market for extreme performance and exclusivety, that people were willing to pay for. Take a look at next years 4K monitors for instance, £1500 for the Asus PG27UQ is nearly 3 times what a 1440p 165hz panel is trading for. I bet there's lots of ballers with cash to spare for a £3000 extreme gaming GPU, if Nvidia chooses that path.

Soldato
Only way id buy one of these is if i was a millionaire, otherwise ill stick with what i have which is enough.

I inherited a tidy sum from my grandad's estate a few months back, that is just sitting in my bank account, so could easily afford one..or two..or three :) but just on principle, there is no way in hell would I ever pay £2700 for a GPU. it's an immoral amount of money to blow on something so trivial, IMO.

Oh, that and the fact I'm just not interested in PC gaming anymore :)

Back
Top Bottom