1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Titan V announced £2700 15TF 12nm Volta

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by straxusii, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Zeed

Soldato

Thats they one. I just hate when people get Jelly cause someone got more money or whatever them.

People like that should stop whining and work twards what they want not look on what someone else got simple :)

2. jigger

Capodecina

What is the power use? That's all that matters today :)

3. Rroff

Man of Honour

You really didn't want to raise that point ;)

4. Gerard

Caporegime

I doubt many review sites will get one of these cards, with the titan z and its daft price it wasn't "sampled" either. This is a good chunk of change above that.

5. Rroff

Man of Honour

Back in like 2008 or 2009 or so when I used to spend a lot more on hardware and more often than I do now I had two people from these forums add me on MSN (quickly blocked) to gripe about my spending - wish I still had logs as it was seriously vindictive and small minded.

6. jigger

Capodecina

Oh why is that? No one will buy a card over 250 watts. Too much heat and far too dangerous.

7. Gerard

Caporegime

:confused:

8. Combat Fighter

Soldato

Good news this.

Must mean the new Titan gaming card is coming out soon.

Upgrade time!

:cool::cool::cool::cool:

R.I.P. AMD :p

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  9. ubersonic

Capodecina

He's joking (as evidenced by the 290w GPU in his sig).

10. N19h7m4r3

Sgarrista

Same here. I upgrade every 3-4 years usually unless something wonderful arrives. My CPU is fine at my resolution.
    Just waiting on a new GPU.

All depends on performance

Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  11. Vega

Wise Guy

Titan V is already under "Geforce" drivers section on their website. Fastest gaming card indeed!

12. LeMson

Mobster

At least stick to the gaming cards Kaap, don't throw your money away bro :)

13. One Vision

Wise Guy

There is a poster on here who is a multi millionaire from a lottery win...about 13m from when he last told me, probably has much more now. He still regularly plays COD. Hes been on here a good few years.

14. jigger

Capodecina

Maybe if the next Titan is a CPU :p

15. Silent_Scone

Capodecina

No it doesn't change it, you're right. But it's all relative. You're basically paying 50% over the odds simply to have the fastest GPU for gaming with compute capability that you'll never utilise. In my honest opinion, that is the very definition of impulsive e-peen purchasing.

Still, kudos for those daft enough. Get some benchmarks done.

16. jigger

Capodecina

I wouldn't spend this kind of money on a graphics card even if I won 13 billion.

17. Kali81

Hitman

Why do so many people on an enthusiast forum have an opinion about how much a member spends on their hardware?

I'm looking forward to seeing the benchmarks!

18. Kaapstad

Man of Honour

Not true

IIRC you were full of abuse and TTL had to tell you to cool it. The funny part is I have not even said if I will get one lol.

This is not the first time you have had something to say about my buying decisions and I don't think it will be the last. You really should ask yourself why that is.

Anyway this is all I am going to say on the subject.

19. jigger

Capodecina

Why do people have opinions? ..
    Well **** me, I think I'm actually stumped... Yeah you got me.

20. drunkenmaster

Caporegime

It's fairly simple, look at AMD prices, once people were willing to pay above RRP when someone prices it above RRP, every retail store follows and raises their pricing and then no one can get an AMD card at a fair price. If that one idiot who started it refuses to buy at an inflated price, the retailer who tried raising prices puts the price back down and seeing one retailer fail to make sales at inflated prices.... other retailers don't put up their pricing and now everyone gets their AMD card cheaper.

This is no different to Nvidia or AMD setting their own pricing. When Nvidia sold a normal higher end gpu as a Titan and upped the price by what, around 50% the first time around, if everyone roundly ignored it then Nvidia would have dropped pricing back to normal and not raised the price of subsequent cards, when idiots go hey, I can realise what is fair and profitable for the company to sell that at but I'm going to pay a premium because I can't look two weeks into the future and realise the consequences.... Nvidia decide that it will sell at that price and that it will be the new price point. What happened when Nvidia tried to sell a dual Titan card and increased the realistic price from the ~$1700 price it 'should' have sold at for two x Titans at that point (with significantly lowered clocks, worse thermal performance, etc) and simply said hey, lets see if dumb dumbs will pay $3000 for this... finally consumers said go **** yourself. Within a couple of months the price was slashed to $2000 and it still sold very poorly. That is what is supposed to happen. Someone prices something up way beyond any reasonable pricing level the consumer says no thanks, the company (be that hardware vendor or retailer) learns from their mistake and puts the pricing down.

When people brainlessly pay more for no reason they EFFECT ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE AND ALL FUTURE PRODUCT PRICING. So yeah, there is a very good reason why people don't want people to put no thought into it and just agree to higher pricing for no reason, because it's bad for everyone including themselves.

THink about it this way, if Titan pricing had been laughed at and the product ignored till pricing dropped from $1100 or something to $700 again, then the Titan Z might have launched at $1300 and it would have been a viable and good option for many people. By paying $1100 for the initial Titan those same people screwed themselves directly when Titan Z pricing was announced. By refusing to pay Titan Z pricing, the consumer made sure the next TItan didn't massively increase in price again.

If you pay more each time, the company will return your 'loyalty' by continually increasing prices right up till you stop buying at which point they'll immediately reduce pricing. The consumer establishes pricing, the consumer does not have to pay whatever the company wants, the company will respond to sales with pricing changes. Every time you over pay massively you hurt not only every other customer but also yourself. When you pay increased pricing for no reason you will eventually price yourself out of the market as well.