• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Titan Z reviews

Permabanned
You could also have bought a pair of 7970's instead of a 7990, two 680's instead of one 690, two 290X instead of a 295X2, etc. For some the single card tax is worth it (weirdos lol).

At least with the 690 the extra we payed for having them on a single card wasn't so extreme, Compare it to this gen's dual card. Charging so much sucks.

Mind you the 690 was crap for it's own set of reasons like how much ram they provided.

Soldato
At least with the 690 the extra we payed for having them on a single card wasn't so extreme, Compare it to this gen's dual card. Charging so much sucks.

Mind you the 690 was crap for it's own set of reasons like how much ram they provided.

Mind listing the reasons? :)
The ram in some scenario's is still enough today, and the card has been around now for what well over 2 years now. Back then 2GB was more than enough for most uses.

It was better than the next best thing which was 2x680's due to having less/no microstutter compared to the 2 680 setup.

It looked much better than anything else too !

Man of Honour
OP

I don't think there are any 780ti, 780, Titan, Titan BE, 290X or 290P cards that will come out on top against a GTX 690 or even two of the above against two GTX 690s in a review up to 1600p.

Even on LN2 cooling the GTX 690 is quite a bit faster than an EVGA Kingpin 780ti lol.

Associate
Another Titan-z review [PCPER]

Another review,have fun arguing.

In March of this year, NVIDIA announced the GeForce GTX Titan Z at its GPU Technology Conference. It was touted as the world's fastest graphics card with its pair of full GK110 GPUs but it came with an equally stunning price of $2999. NVIDIA claimed it would be available by the end of April for gamers and CUDA developers to purchase but it was pushed back slightly and released at the very end of May, going on sale for the promised price of $2999.

The specifications of GTX Titan Z are damned impressive - 5,760 CUDA cores, 12GB of total graphics memory, 8.1 TFLOPs of peak compute performance. But something happened between the announcement and product release that perhaps NVIDIA hadn't accounted for. AMD's Radeon R9 295X2, a dual-GPU card with full-speed Hawaii chips on-board, was released at $1499. I think it's fair to say that AMD took some chances that NVIDIA was surprised to see them take, including going the route of a self-contained water cooler and blowing past the PCI Express recommended power limits to offer a ~500 watt graphics card. The R9 295X2 was damned fast and I think it caught NVIDIA a bit off-guard.
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-TITAN-Z-Review

Soldato
If the Titan-Z can be somehow clocked to 1100 on the core *As can nearly every 780/780 Ti/Titan/Titan Black* then yes it is a good card but not for that amount of money.

Why Nvidia thought to charge for 3 Titan Blacks I will never know, They could have easily just charged a tiny bit more than 2 x Titan Blacks cost and still made a huge profit.

Yes if it can be clocked to meet a Titan Black it will be a nice card but not at that price, I would seriously questions someones IQ if they bought this over 2 Titan Blacks.

Soldato
Costs too much , cores are too low,, I dont know if you would get it to clock as high as a 780etc with just two pcie plugs?

Associate
tumblr_meb8evcU021roqzu6o1_400.gif

Caporegime
I already posted it in the TitanZ vs 295x2 thread, but ill copy pasta my post over anyway seeing as you made a new thread. Nvidia frame variance takes another bashing.

LtMatt said:
TitanZ Vs 295x2 Vs 780TI SLI

Nvidia users might want to look away.

the GTX Titan Z just isn't a good choice. The AMD Radeon R9 295X2 is the better multi-GPU solution offering both better gaming performance (sometimes by a significant amount) and better value for your dollar. AMD has made a lot of progress with their multi-GPU frame pacing software updates and they are really showcased in the R9 295X2 that requires it. In fact, in some places the frame pacing performance of the Hawaii GPUs is better than that found in the GK110 parts on the Titan Z. This is something that NVIDIA is working to fix and take back that particular crown.

6S3OmUf.png

MRNTY3i.png

xKuyBJT.png

VxzJerY.png

IICXvtg.png

xis1b6Z.png

There are loads more graphs with more games tested and frame variance checked. So definitely check out the review.

What happened to the Nvidia frame variance? The 295x2 is not even using Mantle. :confused:

At 4K, things look a little different. Here the Radeon R9 295X2 is able to hit about 47 FPS on average with no issues with frame variance. The GTX Titan Z hits 43 FPS (which is about 9% slower). The GTX 780 Ti SLI setup is actually just a hair faster than the Titan Z in terms of average frame rate but it has a couple of very large, noticeable hitches in the game play that were repeatable.

4a6g67V.png

Man oh man, Bioshock Infinite. This game still has lots and lots of stuttering issues with all hardware, but in particular with the NVIDIA solutions.
The GTX Titan Z and R9 295X2 both range from 81-83 FPS, essentially a tie, though the AMD multi-GPU experience is a bit more smooth.

HZYHAFr.png

Frame times are pretty good for all three tested platforms though the NVIDIA solutions had just a bit more variance than the R9 295X2.

Vgqz4cG.png

Full Article
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-TITAN-Z-Review

Caporegime
Man of Honour
OP
I do look forward to seeing user benching on the Titan Z and 295x2.

Although I really dislike the Titan Z if it was user benched I would expect it to come out on top v a 295X2.

That AIO cooler on the 295X2 is really limiting once you start thinking about extra volts whereas the air cooler on the Titan Z although not as good as the AMD card is not thermally limited to 75C.

Another thing to consider is the Titan Z uses less watts than the AMD card which leaves more headroom to ramp it up.

Now all we need is someone to do their best to blow up a 2.5 grand card.:cool::D

Soldato
If i had the money i would buy one titan z, not liking two gpu's in my pc case plus i want to downsize my case to something smaller and my 2 gtx 780's have to go, plus there is limited space for a decent soundcard to fit with multi gpu's on my mb.

Permabanned
The EGG now do GBP and its about 1790 for a Z from them, good if you can avoid the import duty by getting it sent by a peep as a gift or RMA or Test Sample but still a lot of cash.

Back
Top Bottom