Titanfall (Respawn Entertainment's new IP)

Soldato
Loving this game atm. Only problem is if you want to win you need a team. I'm always getting put in games with people who don't understand what they are playing. They play Hardpoint or CTF but play like it's TDM.

Pretty annoying but the actual game play is brilliant!

Yeah, thing I hate the most too. Seems people never defend in hardpoint, not even tried CTF, imagine that is just as bad. I usually just play attrition when solo though, bit easier.

Associate
CTF is brilliant when with a team. No time to lose concentration on it with the amount of routes that can be taken when going on a flag run. Without a team however it just ends up a mess most of the time.

Soldato
you do know i played this since before release lol .you can rank up 4 lvls a game, hardly taxing :p some people are prestege level 5 and 6 i haven't prestiged once yet lol .

took me 17 hrs . over a week. so i played about 2 hrs a day sorry if i score heavily pue im to busy winning to camp like you :D

You don't say lol we can't be all as skill full as you DG and nearly being 60 the brain is not as sharp.

But hay its all about fun and my new zimmer frame a titan means l can get about a lot faster.:D

Caporegime
You don't say lol we can't be all as skill full as you DG and nearly being 60 the brain is not as sharp.

But hay its all about fun and my new zimmer frame a titan means l can get about a lot faster.:D

:D some of the end of rank perks are better but the default gun is still best.

Soldato
I think they need to alter how the kill credit system works. I am finding there are a lot of 'hang back and only shoot doomed titan players' to get the kill credit. Really annoying when you have took a titan from full down to doomed status and then someone comes in (usually while you are reloading or something) and takes the doomed titan down and gets the kill credit for it.

I think it should award the kill to whoever has caused the most damage to it.

Likewise, pilot kills are being awarded to a player who just lands a couple of bullets on a pilot I have just almost killed but had to reload or something. Then I am the one to get the 'pilot assist' after doing most of the hard work =/

Needs looking at I think.

I also feel weapon changing should be faster as it does not match or compliment the overall pace of the game. Feels far to sluggish.

Tried an Ogre loadout tonight. Have been enjoying beating other titans to death with their own arm! :p

I personally have not yet tried CTF. But I will at some point. I tried hardpoint and found that to be a camp fest. Not really my bag, not unless I can be on a team that knows what they are doing.

Finally I really think they need to show the dead player exactly what the person who just killed him is seeing on their screen, and also show if a burn card is in use.

Theres a couple of reasons for this. Firstly I have been called a cheater because I am using the radar scanner thing that allows me to see enemies through walls. If the dead player could see what exactly his enemy sees during the kill cam, this would avoid those kind of noxious accusations.

Likewise with burn cards, when you are dead after 3 hits it would be useful to know that a player is using an amped weapon burn card (or any other beneficial burn card). I have been killed a few times where I think "hmmmmm wtf was that". Like tonight I had the drop on a guy, hit him a ton of times with the SMG and yet he killed me in just a few hits (no headshot). Feels like BS when it happens, and very frustrating but I think knowing he was using a burn card or something would help stop that initial feeling of "that guy is BS" (particularly considering how many hackers are already in Titanfall).

I think it would help the community to make kill cams more detailed, and help reduce the hax accusations.

Caporegime
Would be nice to get an assist bonus equal to the percentage damage you did, that's true.

Do you think a 'hardcore' mode (no kill cams, no mini map) would be better? I don't think you really need increased damage or lower health.

Soldato
Would be nice to get an assist bonus equal to the percentage damage you did, that's true.

Do you think a 'hardcore' mode (no kill cams, no mini map) would be better? I don't think you really need increased damage or lower health.

Yes I would love that. No burn cards, no kill cams, no mini map, no cloak (maybe no tactical perks at all?).

Just old school deathmatch :)

Soldato
I was getting shed loads of tearing until running the game in windowed mode without borders - suddenly no tearing and no vsync lag. See below:

Right click on Titanfall in Origin, select properties and paste -noborder -windowed to run the game in windowed mode. Add -novid and +cl_showfps 1 to get rid of the vids at launch and display fps too if you like.

Just tried this it worked a treat thanks , these forums are class !

Caporegime
I bet it's a different story on the Xbox one.

I often think they should do away with push to talk, sure you would get a lot of idiots saying crap but in general a lot more people would chat.

Back
Top Bottom