Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
ive seen so many instances (military drones etc) where its all controlled by video game controllers, normally xbox ones tbh but game controllers none the less. I just hope they put hall effects in it :) I'm still confused why people are meme'in on it, there are probably better ways but if it works it works. That particular one there is a fine example of of the pinnacle of ocean tech.
Considering how much money they save, they probably have a cabinet of spare controllers. :D It would be quick enough to swap out.

I wonder how many go missing for personal use.

Last edited:
Caporegime
What still blows my mind is how over confident the CEO was to the extent that he honestly seems to have thought both he and his sub were indestructible and that he knew best. The saddest thing is that his passengers believed this… :( (Rightly or wrongly)

I suppose at least he genuinely believed it.
Not sure if that's a good or bad thing actually!

Caporegime
It's also crazy that it was virtually the only non-approved deep water sub.
Takes a certain kind of CEO to literally throw out all safety concerns as non-issues.

I imagine that if Musk didn't need to have certification for his rockets*, he too would have killed several people by now.

e: Or cars.

Last edited:
Soldato
Suppose one thing you can say about this whole sorry affair is at least the CEO drank his own kool aid enough to go down there and get vaporised with the other poor unsuspecting people. Imagine the **** show right now if all the stuff thats floated around the net had come out and he'd sent people down to their death while not going himself!!

Soldato
Maybe out of this bad situation some good can come from it. That humans can focus the same mentality we did on air pressure when it came to aeroplanes towards under water pressures. The more we can understand about pressures it might even be possible to have a self powered under water submarine based off pressure. It's the last major area we haven't mastered yet.

RIP to all who died in the sub.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Maybe out of this bad situation some good can come from it. That humans can focus the same mentality we did on air pressure when it came to aeroplanes towards under water pressures. The more we can understand about pressures it might even be possible to have a self powered under water submarine based off pressure. It's the last major area we haven't mastered yet.

RIP to all who died in the sub.
Tbf we do understand a lot about pressures down there as evidenced by the subs that many people are running capable of those depths and far beyond. James Cameron has over 30 dives to the Titanice and plenty to the Mariana Trench. There is one sub I posted about last night that is depth-unlimited and is the only one of its kind on the planet - So the understanding is certainly there as is the skill and experience to build something that can get to those depths every time without any failure.

The problem with this Titan situation is that the CEO only cared about "innovation" and turning the Titanic into a tourism spot as quick as possible without spending the $$$ to properly make it happen. In his own documentary you can see him say to customers on-location that if they want to back out they are welcome to do so and instead of offering a refund, he states that they will see to get them on another mission in another year - This trend correlates with what people who previously backed out have now said, that he would visit them and not give a refund but instead talk the world of what they could experience and try to persuade them to get back on the roster etc

In that same documentary one passenger on the ship's deck says "I know it looks like it's well built, but it is" as the camera shows the Titan in frame - If only he knew...

Man of Honour
Why was the CEO piloting it? Did they not have pilots? Or perhaps their pilot refused to go down in it after the repairs from the previous damage?

Last edited:
Soldato
It also seems that the carbon fibre material Ocean Gate bought to build Titan was obtained from Boeing at a discount, because it’s shelf life had expired and Boeing didn’t want to risk using it.

Soldato
From Sky

The families involved will certainly have the money to pursue a lawsuit

moreover c4 interview with chairman of deep submersible org. said it's up to Canadian government jurisdiction to investigate and decide if any crimes have been committed.

Suppose one thing you can say about this whole sorry affair is at least the CEO drank his own kool aid enough to go down there
Does Musk use full self drive in his tesla ?

[
the BBC appear to be conducting a trial of their own on the BBC News homepage.
yes BBC has become the caped crusader of truth with its new Verify organisation - with their insider dealing on Boris loan, Saville, Diana, funding reductions - they're trying to get in Kiers goodbooks

]

Back
Top Bottom