Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Permabanned
Now we know there is no hope for this sub - & we have seen what the world can do to mobilise sea rescue………I wonder why 700 refugees did not receive the same international help ? There is plenty of boats in the world, they all sadly died at sea.

As Mr Obama said, its an untenable situation & the human race needs a word with itself.

Because the people smugglers the migrants paid for the trip are criminals and are not really bothered about what happens after they've trousered the money, and if the authorities helped criminals where every criminal act went awry criminality would escalate dramatically.

If they can't stand the heat (self imposed risks) stay out the kitchen (Europe).

Soldato
Now we know there is no hope for this sub - & we have seen what the world can do to mobilise sea rescue………I wonder why 700 refugees did not receive the same international help ? There is plenty of boats in the world, they all sadly died at sea.

As Mr Obama said, its an untenable situation & the human race needs a word with itself.

It's a case of "if you save them, you keep them" and no one wants 700 refugees.

Man of Honour

ive seen so many instances (military drones etc) where its all controlled by video game controllers, normally xbox ones tbh but game controllers none the less. I just hope they put hall effects in it :) I'm still confused why people are meme'in on it, there are probably better ways but if it works it works. That particular one there is a fine example of of the pinnacle of ocean tech.

Last edited:
Soldato

Because it's only happened once, have a sub disaster every week or two and people will start to ignore them.

Soldato
I'm unsure why people are still focussing on the controller. Unless it caused the sub to hit something it seems likely to create the condition where the hull would spontaneously implode and I seriously doubt it would map the hull breach function to the square button.
because it is something people understand and recognise so they focus on that, rightly or wrongly.

Don
ive seen so many instances (military drones etc) where its all controlled by video game controllers, normally xbox ones tbh but game controllers none the less. I just hope they put hall effects in it :) I'm still confused why people are meme'in on it, there are probably better ways but if it works it works. That particular one there is a fine example of of the pinnacle of ocean tech.

Not so much meme'ing the controller - but that advert made me chuckle

Associate
Out comes all the people who were "meant" to be on that trip, survivors guilt you say? Sympathy seeking for sympathy you dont deserve, I hate people.

Associate
Soldato
"A frantic rush to save five wealthy people versus a shoulder shrug at the idea of 100 kids dead at the bottom of the sea"

Where's the 100 page thread of the Greek shipwreck? Can't find one.
If you genuinely believe that there is as much to discuss with that incident and that it is just as interesting an occurrence then why don't you start a thread?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
"A frantic rush to save five wealthy people versus a shoulder shrug at the idea of 100 kids dead at the bottom of the sea"

Where's your thread?

Soldato

I personally don't believe the interest in this is soley down to those involved being wealthy - I think that's a nonsense and a cheap shot to feed Guardian readers et el.

It's a rather unique accident and has the draw of interest that is the history of the Titantic. There was also the chance of a high stakes successful rescue.

"Another" migrant boat sinking doesn't really get folk that interested - whether you like it or not. If you look through recent news stories there's been a strange increase in the number of maritime incidents with a reasonably high death rate.

Had the Titan not been lost, I'm sure the Greek tragedy would have had considerable more interest as wasn't there a question over was the local coast guard towing the boat when it sank?

Last edited:
Soldato
I personally don't believe the interest in this is soley down to those involved being wealthy - I think that's a nonsense and a cheap shot to feed Guardian readers et el.

It's a rather unique accident and has the draw of interest that is the history of the Titantic. There was also the chance of a high stakes successful rescue.

"Another" migrant boat sinking doesn't really get folk that interested - whether you like it or not. If you look through recent news stories there's been a strange increase in the number of maritime incidents with a reasonably high death rate.

Had the Titan not been lost, I'm sure the Greek tragedy would have had considerable more interest as wasn't there a question over was the local coast guard towing the boat when it sank?
As I mentioned above, the Thai cave incident with the trapped kids had the same exposure, the same dilema of time running out/difficulty of being extracated etc and all the same depth of interest.. and the only billionaires in sight where those offering help.

Back
Top Bottom