Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato

So they found some more remains of the people and the sub a month ago, surprised there was any human bits left, maybe some bones ?

I only came to check the news as I had a weird dream last night where I was on a Catamaran speedboat driven by Stockton, we were weirdly going to visit a really big iceberg, it was like a mountain and he was much the expected *******, resulting in getting too close to the berg, saying it would be fine and the boat crashing into the berg causing a leak, woke up before we sank but I hope he drowned for being an idiot again and scaring us

Soldato

So they found some more remains of the people and the sub a month ago, surprised there was any human bits left, maybe some bones ?

I only came to check the news as I had a weird dream last night where I was on a Catamaran speedboat driven by Stockton, we were weirdly going to visit a really big iceberg, it was like a mountain and he was much the expected *******, resulting in getting too close to the berg, saying it would be fine and the boat crashing into the berg causing a leak, woke up before we sank but I hope he drowned for being an idiot again and scaring us

Good story for a film.

Oh, wait....

Caporegime

Did you feel like you were on top of the world for a bit?

Soldato
This is excellent

Soldato
Went to out village hall quiz this evening, one of the questions was what is the deepest part of the oceans called.

I was thinking subokosphere and subgopoposhpere.

Turns out that wasn't the answer.

Associate
Went to out village hall quiz this evening, one of the questions was what is the deepest part of the oceans called.

I was thinking subokosphere and subgopoposhpere.

Turns out that wasn't the answer.

That’s because the depth of subgopoposphere is nowhere near the deepest part of the ocean by a long shot. I’m amazed he wasn’t offering rides down there too though…

Last edited:
Soldato
future quiz question / seaway code - 4Oct
Referring to the results of the carbon fibre pressure vessel design tool in Figure 1, we can determine that the minimum wall thickness for a rated depth of 4,000m with a safety factor of 2 is (80.161inches – 60inches)/2 = 10inches, compared to the wall thickness of the Cyclops class Titan submersible which had a wall thickness of just 5inches. This indicates no safety factor was included for the hull design, and it has been reported that the viewing porthole was only rated to 1,300m, i.e. one-third of the required operational depth

.. yes - quoted, top of the world speech was rather premonitory.

Soldato
new interview with victor - I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe, hmmm.

Victor Vescovo was born an adventurer. After being given his first bicycle, his family hardly saw him until he'd ridden that bicycle into the ground - he was too busy exploring his home city of Dallas, Texas. Since those early days, Victor has expanded his horizons. Having reached the highest peaks on all five continents, he then set out to dive to the deepest parts of all five oceans. Victor's longest dive was solo to the lowest point on Earth - the Challenger Deep at the bottom of the Marianas trench in the western Pacific. On reaching the bottom, some 35,853 feet below the ocean surface, should something have gone wrong, there was no hope of rescue. Victor describes his feelings before making this historic descent and on the way down. As Victor's titanium submarine descended - a journey of several hours - he was encased in almost complete silence, ever alert for even the tiniest crack or groan that might indicate there was a problem. Touching down on the sea bed, he was astounded. There was much more marine life than he had expected. Victor describes how he hopes that the mapping, observations and sample collections he has made on his dives will advance scientific understanding of the deep oceans. And where his eternal quest to explore might take him next.

he's got similar charisma/zen to Carl Sagan.

Soldato
it was always going to happen, what disaster doesn't have a program made about it (i couldnt get through it as it just wasnt the kind of "entertainment" i wanted to see but for instance take "9:11 the falling man" on Amazon prime)

I suspect this one will be about blaming the people who thought it was a good idea to use carbon fibre for a deep submersible.

Soldato
The investigation into this seems to have gone very quiet other than the release of the “knocking” audio the other day.

That sounded to me like one massive bang followed by reflections. I would have given up the search if I had heard that, lol.

I suppose the good thing is that it pretty much confirmed that their death was instant. It was like being wrapped in explosive.

Back
Top Bottom