Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato

I saw the headline and was like :eek::rolleyes:

But reading the article at least it sounds like this guy is going to be doing it properly.

Sounds exactly what James Cameron did back in the day: got folks that knew how to submarine to design, build and operate it.

Soldato
Surly if I got 2 bath tubs and welded the edges together I should be okay right?...I got a old Xbox controller, I mean it had savage stick drift but I mean It'll work.

If the bath tubs are cast iron bath they will be difficult to weld. Riveting the two halves would be ok though.

Caporegime
It still astounds me that nobody thought to question the most basic flaw of the geometry that a cylinder has at those depths, even the most awful engineer ought to know it's spheres only after a point.

Soldato
It still astounds me that nobody thought to question the most basic flaw of the geometry that a cylinder has at those depths, even the most awful engineer ought to know it's spheres only after a point.
It wasn't the shape, it was the choice of materials (carbon fibre) and durability.. it made the titanic depths 13 times (alledgedly)..

Of course, people choose spheres for a reason, but this guy would have still chosen carbon fibre and no doubt relied on his NDT acoustic sensors so you'd only know it was fatigue'd and about to go when it was all too late.

The reason he chose a cylinder was to allow groups of people to go in relative 'comfort'..

I know he was an idiot and it was a spectacular display of ignorance, but the fact it made so many dives whilst being constructed so 'wrongly' was actually quite impressive to me.

Soldato
Saw a dumb meme the other day featuring shots of debris from the sub and it wasn't just bits of the sub it was human remains as well.... not a pretty sight. I mean the people who died had a lot of money so haha, right? :rolleyes:

Suspended
Saw a dumb meme the other day featuring shots of debris from the sub and it wasn't just bits of the sub it was human remains as well.... not a pretty sight. I mean the people who died had a lot of money so haha, right? :rolleyes:
Sick but surely that has to be fake, they would have been vapourised/liquidised at that pressure and those energy levels?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom