Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Permabanned
How cold is the water at those depths and how much migration of temperature occurs to the interior of the submersible?

I recall from my youth, a "bathysphere", which seems a much less potentially problematic deep sea exploration / viewing vehicle than this apparently technically wanting creation

*** don't even go there ***

Too late, others are already going there... I did of course hang fire and let others take the reins, so no hard feelings. Realistically it was inevitable.

Last edited:
Soldato
More I hear about this thing the worse it gets. Seems like pretty much everything from the design of the probably-not-fully-tested-composite-pressure-hull-design-with-unknown-cyclic-load-fatigue-characteristics through to the wireless controller are janky as ****.

Then you hear about how the CEO didn't want to hire experienced engineers because they're 50 year old white men, losing communication is a regular occurrence, and bobbing around lost on the surface is a known problem that they have done nothing to address, and they fired and sued the guy that tried to raise safety concerns.

Just wtf did they think they were doing.

Soldato
I'm surprised this guy hasn't offered to help

GMzQeeh.jpg

I knew it!

And pun intended, he's way out of his depth to be commenting on things lost in Oceans given his history

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
So looks like the memes have already started to hit the usual channels. I'm guessing it's too soon for here :S
Ngl I saw a couple earlier that did make me laugh out loud. I did not feel good about laughing though!

e: Kind of too soon, but possibly also just early enough, given plenty of people still seem to think they might be alive so it isn't 100% ghoulish yet? Soon to be too soon though.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ngl I saw a couple earlier that did make me laugh out loud. I did not feel good about laughing though!

e: Kind of too soon, but possibly also just early enough, given plenty of people still seem to think they might be alive so it isn't 100% ghoulish yet? Soon to be too soon though.

Maybe the soon is too soon too!

g4VMj5p.png

Reports from some outlets had some info on the measures in place, like automatic ballast activation if it stayed under for x amount of time. Of course that won't happen if the sub has in fact imploded due to the structural issues somewhere.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Regardless of the outcome it’ll be on Netflix within a couple of years
Well a documentary is due tomorrow by channel 5 lol:

They are literally airing the doc whilst the crew are still freshly frozen in 2 degrees temps down there (assuming the sub didn't implode and is laying on the sea bed somewhere).

Also more bad info emerges about the whole venture:

"'Missing' OceanGate CEO reveals Titanic submersible built 'with camping parts'"

Back
Top Bottom