Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's unclear if the estimated air left is for 5 people inside or just 1, let's imagine the passengers all panic, more air is used. Only one person in there will likely understand that all 5 of them can't use up the air else they all die.

Can you guess who?

I'm gonna say it, I reckon the scumbag CEO realised this and tried to reduce the o2 consumption one way or other early on. Whether fight or flight set it or not who knows. People do crazy things when in the moment.

If the sub is intact, and is recovered, then they may well find a grim scene inside.

Last edited:
Soldato
How cold is the water at those depths and how much migration of temperature occurs to the interior of the submersible?

I recall from my youth, a "bathysphere", which seems a much less potentially problematic deep sea exploration / viewing vehicle than this apparently technically wanting creation

*** don't even go there ***
A few degrees above freezing and its a partially metal vessal so its not difficult to work out. If the electrics have gone then theres no heating though hypothermia would be the least of their concerns I imagine

Associate
Ed_Harris_The_Abyss_breathable_fluid.jpeg

Associate
So looks like the memes have already started to hit the usual channels. I'm guessing it's too soon for here :S

Don't be ridiculous, but if you link a video of an 18+ game/anything else with 1 bad word in, it gets deleted. Christmas tarts half naked are fine though :).

Soldato
Just seen they have the winch type machine available on site that capable of lifting the sub out, but the problem still remains that they have not located them and the subs to take the winch to the bottom don't arrive till today, which is far past their expected oxygen.

Their chance of living must be virtually 0% now then? Barring some miracle I suppose.

Soldato
I don't believe we will ever know what actually happened. That sub won't be found. If it were near the Titanic wreck, they'd have found it by now. The fact that they haven't tells me it's lost to the ocean.

Soldato
I think their chances were probably 0 a long time ago tbh.

The slightly unpolished nature of things wouldn’t give me any confidence that this hypothetical 96 hours oxygen is based on any actual testing. Was it 96 hours with 1 person in there? 2? 5? Has anyone actually been in it for around that amount of time to prove it is liveable for that long?

Or is this just we’ve put x amount of oxygen in, back of a cig packet that will last this long?

Hopefully they died about 1 second after the device had a major problem rather than the much worse alternative.

Soldato
I think their chances were probably 0 a long time ago tbh.

For me, even if they had the depth-capable ROV on site directly above the thing, from the moment they ran into trouble - a rescue would have been seriously difficult thing to pull off…

But it’s still not there and it’s been what, 4 days? And they have no idea where they are.

I think there’s no hope how, they could be looking for it, for 6 more months and not find it…

Last edited:
Soldato
My uneducated guess is the big square is the area around Titanic.

I would have thought the bigger square (right side) would have been an aerial search - just due to the gaps between lanes compared to the other grid searches.

I guess what's hard to fathom is where the titanic sits in respect to these grid searches, and how big of an area is it actually covering. I.e. the first white space outside - is that potentially 100 miles away, or 100 meters.

There's a part of the top left area where I can count at least 6 or 7 grid searches have gone over the same area, so they must really think it's around there.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom