Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
I would have thought the bigger square (right side) would have been an aerial search - just due to the gaps between lanes compared to the other grid searches.

I guess what's hard to fathom is where the titanic sits in respect to these grid searches, and how big of an area is it actually covering. I.e. the first white space outside - is that potentially 100 miles away, or 100 meters.

Yeah I guess without more context, it's all just guess work.

Soldato
It's unclear if the estimated air left is for 5 people inside or just 1, let's imagine the passengers all panic, more air is used. Only one person in there will likely understand that all 5 of them can't use up the air else they all die.

Can you guess who?

I'm gonna say it, I reckon the scumbag CEO realised this and tried to reduce the o2 consumption one way or other early on. Whether fight or flight set it or not who knows. People do crazy things when in the moment.

If the sub is intact, and is recovered, then they may well find a grim scene inside.
The spec of the Titan on the oceangate website states “life support: 96 hours for a crew of 5” https://oceangate.com/our-subs/titan-submersible.html

Seems pretty clear.:D

FWIW, I am still thinking the sounds are a red herring and this thing imploded just before reaching the Titanic.. the kindest way to go.

Soldato
Was GD always full of such disgusting people or has it gotten worse? There are people potentially still stuck in some of the most awful conditions, waiting to die with little hope, but the good old GD'ers, with their 20 minutes of internet research and a lifetime of self confident moral and intellectual superiority can't even wait a few days to know the date of these people, they must e-lynch the 'scumbag' right now, screw any semblance of decorum!

Soldato
Was GD always full of such disgusting people or has it gotten worse? There are people potentially still stuck in some of the most awful conditions, waiting to die with little hope, but the good old GD'ers, with their 20 minutes of internet research and a lifetime of self confident moral and intellectual superiority can't even wait a few days to know the date of these people, they must e-lynch the 'scumbag' right now, screw any semblance of decorum!
It was worse in the past, believe it or not.

Last edited:
Soldato
The spec of the Titan on the oceangate website states “life support: 96 hours for a crew of 5” https://oceangate.com/our-subs/titan-submersible.html

Seems pretty clear.:D

FWIW, I am still thinking the sounds are a red herring and this thing imploded just before reaching the Titanic.. the kindest way to go.
Imploded or lost power 1h30 into the descent. Apparently there are lots of automatic mechanisms to make the sub drop ballast, on a timer something. Unless it's on the surface now somewhere.

Last edited:
Associate
GD has indeed sunken to new lows.

Soldato
Seems to me like most are just concerned about their wellbeing and if they are to perish then its in the quickest way possible. I expect most being flippant about the ordeal is just a cope for an awful situation.

Reactions: mrk
Caporegime
I realise this is very tragic for the families and friends involved, but the amount of press coverage (multiple headline stories on the BBC front page all the time for the last few days etc), is really not sitting well with me.

Some rich people spent a lot of money to do a very risky thing and they have likely died doing it.

I'm not saying it doesn't deserve an article or two, but the British press have made it into the most important thing going on in the world right now, and i think it kind of typifies a failing of our society and press somewhat.

Last edited:
Soldato
I realise this is very tragic for the families and friends involved, but the amount of press coverage (multiple headline stories on the BBC front page all the time for the last few days etc), is really not sitting well with me.

Some rich people spent a lot of money to do a very risky thing and they have likely died doing it.

I'm not saying it doesn't deserve an article or two, but the British press have made it into the most important thing going on in the world right now, and i think it kind of typifies a failing of our society and press somewhat.
I'm more interested in this than anything to do with the royal family.

Soldato

You and someone else earlier seem to assume that if it was a bunch of poor people on board a submarine nobody would care and the only reason this is getting so much coverage is because they are rich.

The fact they are rich is actually irrelevant the reason this story is getting so much coverage is because a missing submarine is a rare event and probably because it happened near the titanic.

Man of Honour

The press only report on it because people want to know what is happening. You can see that from this thread.

Commissario
A remotely operated vehicle (ROV) from UK company Magellan is currently being loaded onto a C17 plane at Jersey Airport.

Their sub – called Juliet – recently scanned the Titanic wreck, producing a 3D view of the entire ship.

Once it leaves, it will take about 48 hours to get to the site – which is beyond the timeline given for air for the passengers.

It will be able to dive the full depth of the site, and the team has a detailed knowledge of the deep sea area having been there recently.

The sub has been ready to leave since earlier in the week but has been held up by permissions.

Copied and pasted from the BBC website.

Why now, surely it made more sense for this to have been sent at the beginning of the week?! :confused:

Soldato

Yeah around 500 people including children drowned when a boat capsized in the med. 5 rich people in a sub generated 50+ pages more.

Back
Top Bottom