Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

There will not be any remains left at all, they would have basically been completely destroyed and any biological material in the water already consumed by ocean life.

There was a guy on TikTok following sharks on a tracking app - 2 sharks apparently went directly to the titanic wreck area, and have remained in the area since…….likely they picked up the blood in the water, strange coincidence 2 sharks went directly to the area of the titanic for no apparent reason & surfaced to allow their transmitters to work, sharks tend to exist near the surface to get warm before diving really deep depending on the species……..the fact the sharks have transmitters says they are a type that likes to swim at all depths.
I’m not sure that’s anything more than a coincidence. Sharks can only go down to about 3000 meters. Since the sub lost contact at 1h45m and it takes 2hrs to get to the titanic - I suspect they were past 3000m.

X5sxbIH.png

If that's all they've found(Frame and cover), it'd have been over in seconds.

Less than that I think.

hardly built in a shed

NASA helped build the thing :cry:

Williams Grand Prix Engineering built a lift for Sir Stirling Moss. Nonetheless when he opened the lift doors at night and stepped inside what he thought was the carriage it wasn't there and he sustained nasty injuries. **** happens. Stories have nuances not always available to the reader.

That is difficult to be honest. Not saying i do not see where you are coming from but then what about mountaineers.......... or skydivers......... or scuba divers, people who go caving or what ever it is called?

i assume you draw a line somewhere and not just literally take - if it is non essential and purely recreational but risky you are totally on your own.

yes going to the titanic is extreme. personally i think the travellers themselves putting a significant chunk of change down to put to the rescue effort in advance, refundable on safe return would at least help cover the cost.

Partly the reason why on everest for example you have to pay quite a high fee for climbing, so in effect all the mountaineers are crowdfunding their own potential rescues

Complete and utter folly for the individuals involved but some mercy that death would have been instantaneous. Such an endeavour still remains incomprehensible to me.
Yep, they should have put it down there with just cameras and a tether to transmit the footage back to the surface. They could have sold access to the footage at some smaller cinema chain.

Last edited:
I was hoping there was a slim chance the sub would be found stricken and recovered, or has been on the surface all this time. If the debris field is indeed from the Titan, hopefully it's from the result of the sub imploding where those inside would have not felt their demise.

Yep, they should have put it down there with just cameras and a tether to transmit the footage back to the surface. They could have sold access to the footage at some smaller cinema chain.

You would have thought that would have been a plan in the first place. Have it go down unmanned on a tether several times and then fully tested for any weakness. No need for any waste of human life.

Not sure if they'll ever find the cause (depends on how much of it they can recover I guess) but suppose obvious finger in the air guesswork is they went to the well (or in this case ocean) one time too often with a craft not tested for repeated trips or repaired improperly.

Back
Top Bottom