Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
Feel worst for the 19 year old. Probably just trusted his dad...

Tbh I feel bad for all of them but do we know the dad dragged him along? I wonder if it was the kid who wanted to see it. All three of my nephews built at least one Titanic model when there were younger and are/were fascinated by it.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
News update on live right now just said they have had word that some of the debris are the supporting parts of the submersible, not the hull itself, but the parts that connect to it...

Last edited:
Associate
News update on live right now just said they have had word that some of the debris are the supporting parts of the submersible, not the hull itself, but the parts that connect to it...
i doubt they will find the hull , maybe piece of whats left of it but at that pressure i doubt there will be much left if anything :( looking at 400bar or 5800psi kind of pressure

Last edited:
Soldato
Does it literally disintegrate or are you left with chunks of the hull?

Whatever failed was large because it blew pieces off the sub. Pure guess, but I suspect the carbon fibre hull collapsed. That would be a major implosion, like placing a hand grenade inside it. There would pieces all over the place. The only consolation is that the larger the implosion, the less they knew about it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Citation needed

They did, that is true.

A few other questions:

• How many dives was it rated for?
  • What depth was it rated for?
  • Was it rated for salt water?
  • Did NASA know what it was going to be used for?
  • NASA only helped, but to what extent? Did they give him a blueprint and go "build this, y'all be reet m8"?
  • Was any other part of the sub rated for any of these depths? (the window was rated to 1300m or something silly, this much has been proven)

The One is rather vividly demonstrating his lack of understanding of engineering here tbh.

Last edited:
Associate
Does it literally disintegrate or are you left with chunks of the hull?
considering its a small carbon fibre hull at that depth i doubt there is anything left of it , the people inside would have been dead before they even knew what happened , they would not of suffered and would have been over in a millisecond :(

Soldato
Who's to know that they didn't lose power, drop like a stone (it weighs 10ton) and then hit rocks at the bottom causing a breach and then imploding.

The sub may have been fine outside this event

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom