Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
Watching this now, that could have been a very very different documentary, cameras recording a tragedy unfold, but you can tell they were running a cowboy operation when the thruster wouldn't work, instead of getting the sub upto the surface to fix the issue, they bodged a solution on the fly while they had their tourists on board, "left and right might be forward and back, I dunno" words from the CEO while his faulty sub is at 4,000 metres under the ocean :cry:
Yeah it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Starting to wonder if the passengers had even seen the previous and had just browsed the brochure. I'm all for innovation but surely its baby steps until you are confident in it.

Caporegime
So a supposed billionaire and at least one other passenger came from a money background and this "sub" that looked like it was put together on a 5 minute segment of Blue Peter with sticky back plastic, tinfoil and a couple of empty bog rolls was the best option they could afford?

Christ...I know some people with money are tight but that's taking the **** considering the danger of going to those depths. Or were they just given a flashy presentation and thought it was all above board? No doubt there will be a big enquiry into this once all the dust has settled.

Last night Piers Morgan was hailing them as heroes. How exactly does that work?

Suspended
Yeah it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. Starting to wonder if the passengers had even seen the previous and had just browsed the brochure. I'm all for innovation but surely its baby steps until you are confident in it.

Danger + Tourism

Happens too often, like this Incident where Tourists when to a very Active Volcano and couldn't escape the blast!

Last edited:
Soldato
So presumably they would have died from the implosion and it would have been instant and painless ? Or would there be a short period of time where they actually aware what was happening ?
i read that it would have been a millisecond and the temperatures would reach over 4000 degrees in that instant - so at least they didn't suffer.

Soldato
Just like the Titanic and the Captain ignored all warnings, at the same place a Captain ignored all warnings... Powerful stuff :(
James interview was really good to be honest, interesting that he says that he Bob and their community think the sub had released its ballast and was trying to ascend to the surface, which means they must have know there was a problem

Suspended
Professor Blair Thornton from the University of Southampton told BBC News ....

“In the case that this is a catastrophic failure of the main housing, the submersible would have been subjected to incredibly high pressures, equivalent to the weight of the Eiffel Tower, tens of thousands of tonnes, compressing the vessel," he said.

Crazy stuff.... :(

Last edited:
Associate
James interview was really good to be honest, interesting that he says that he Bob and their community think the sub had released its ballast and was trying to ascend to the surface, which means they must have know there was a problem
Pretty much what i took from it , alarms going off saying crack in hull then they try to ascend by dropping ballast then it implodes :(

Don
Yeah, interesting he spoke about that as well, obviously people at Oceangate have been speaking to their friends in the industry much like that guy that was getting slated yesterday for saying the same thing.

Soldato
Yeah, interesting he spoke about that as well, obviously people at Oceangate have been speaking to their friends in the industry much like that guy that was getting slated yesterday for saying the same thing.
I think it means there's a lot more known about the wreck site, but the people doing the press conference only want to give out info what they know is a fact, which is sensible for such an incident

Associate
I presume the craft doesn't have any kind of equivalent to an aircraft's black box? The Cameron and Ballard interviews were excellent, but totally chilling that it sounds like they knew there was a problem and tried to come back up by detaching the weights (atleast according to what Cameron said in the interview). Hopefully, the timeline between that and the implosion was short......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom