Titanic submersible confirmed destroyed with loss of all five souls onboard.

Soldato
The US Navy detected “an acoustic anomaly consistent with an implosion” shortly after the Titan lost contact with the surface, an official has told CBS News, the BBC's US partner.

The information was relayed to the US Coast Guard, which used it to narrow the radius of its search, the official added.

The banging that was reported earlier is now thought to have been coming from other ships in the area, CBS reports.
Not sure about that, it sounds like Oceangate sat on pertinent information.
It's a small community, I wouldn't be surprised if info is passed around those who know each other

Soldato
I think it means there's a lot more known about the wreck site, but the people doing the press conference only want to give out info what they know is a fact, which is sensible for such an incident

I'd go along with that after hearing their interviews. Perhaps the ballast isn't present or is separated from the part of the sub where it should be attached.

Soldato
Indeed that was one of my thoughts, some lawyers are gonna get rich out of this.

Signing a waiver is one thing, but if the craft wasn't fit for purpose or in the state they claimed I think there are going to be all sorts of civil cases incoming.
Correct. A waiver does not exempt them from liability. People will be going to jail for this.

Don
It's a small community, I wouldn't be surprised if info is passed around those who know each other
Well yeah, the US Navy gave them the info, not Oceangate. Certainly looks like people within the organisation were talking to friends, but officially if doesn’t look like Oceangate themselves were being completely open to the various rescue organisations.

Soldato
Well yeah, the US Navy gave them the info, not Oceangate. Certainly looks like people within the organisation were talking to friends, but officially if doesn’t look like Oceangate themselves were being completely open to the various rescue organisations.
I don't quite understand what you're implying ? Do you think Oceangate have been hiding info from the rescue efforts ? Once they lost contact they knew as much as everyone else, so it would require them knowing something while in contact that they haven't mentioned and it would require members of the team keeping quiet too, not sure it's worth conspiracy for such an international incident

Associate
Weird how the mainstream media are talking about if they are going to try and recover the bodies!!? What are they actually going to recover? Do they actually think that anything resembling a human body is going to be found after a catastrophic implosion?

Don
I don't quite understand what you're implying ? Do you think Oceangate have been hiding info from the rescue efforts ? Once they lost contact they knew as much as everyone else, so it would require them knowing something while in contact that they haven't mentioned and it would require members of the team keeping quiet too, not sure it's worth conspiracy for such an international incident
It’s pretty awful to give the victims families hope that there was a chance of rescue when the reality was, given the circumstances of the emergency surface attempt and then lose of contact that they already would have known they were dead by Sunday night, certainly by Monday, with US Nacy corroboration of an implosion.

Maybe behind the scenes the families were told the details and everything else was just a media scrum.

Soldato
It’s pretty awful to give the victims families hope that there was a chance of rescue when the reality was, given the circumstances of the emergency surface attempt and then lose of contact that they already would have known they were dead by Sunday night, certainly by Monday, with US Nacy corroboration of an implosion.

Maybe behind the scenes the families were told the details and everything else was just a media scrum.
I guess, but from their point of view until there's confirmation of a wreck, all options are on the table aren't they ?

Caporegime
Back
Top Bottom