• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TITANX **

Soldato
I think someone needs to wake AMD up so they release something good :D

They both need a kick up the arse tbh.

We haven't seen a decent release in years. Its been so stagnant.

These Cards from nvidia that are marginally faster but 2-3x the price is pouring salt into the wound. Absolute pointless nonsence.

Associate
They both need a kick up the arse tbh.

We haven't seen a decent release in years. Its been so stagnant.

These Cards from nvidia that are marginally faster but 2-3x the price is pouring salt into the wound. Absolute pointless nonsence.

There will never be expotential speed increases on CPUs or GPUs and you know the reason why.... milking

Caporegime
There will never be expotential speed increases on CPUs or GPUs and you know the reason why.... milking

The last decent upgrade was the 8800GTX from whatever was before it and sadly, people still think that that will happen every time. Sure the TX is expensive and sure the performance for the price is poor but no denying it's fast from the benching that I have seen on all the sites. People could look at it from a good point as well, as with all the slow improvements, they can hang onto their old hardware for longer and it will save them cash in the long run.

Associate
The best thing about the Titan X is it's offering near dual GPU figures as a single card so you're guaranteed that performance in all titles. Of course you're going to have to pay a premium for that.

It offers near dual GPU performance, but I need near quad GPU performance :D

Haven't got the first one yet and itching to order a second!

Soldato
Me too. I'd buy an Aldi graphics card if it was quick enough and reasonably priced.

But then it wouldn't have that premium feel to it.. We all know its the premium that makes the fps go higher :p. Kidding aside if i had the money to burn i would most likely have bought a titan X as well and then a r9 390x if it is fast enough. Every nerd loves hardware the more the better

Soldato
How would a single one of these perform compared to a pair of original Titans or Titan Blacks?

I'm feeling tempted again, but a pair of Blacks would likely cost a little less.

Associate
How would a single one of these perform compared to a pair of original Titans or Titan Blacks?

I'm feeling tempted again, but a pair of Blacks would likely cost a little less.

Digital Foundry have a Titan X Overclock vs GTX 980/GTX 970 SLI 4K video on youtube on that YouTube I can't provide a direct link to but look it up then substitute the 980 for a Titan Black. Unfortunately for your wallet it fares very well and as they say one single fastest GPU is usually the way to go.

Associate

I'd suggest getting some Titan Blacks. (this may have something to do with my for sale thread in the MM! :p )

Back
Top Bottom