Today's mass shooting in the US

Soldato
It's all very yawn isn't it, using murdered victims as political tools.
Let's wait till a black man does something similar and let's see if the same views are taken shall we?

If he murders a load of white people just because they are white I will be front and centre to call him what he is, a racist **** and if any politician has been pushing racist theories that motivated him I'll call them out as well.

Caporegime
It's all very yawn isn't it, using murdered victims as political tools.
Let's wait till a black man does something similar and let's see if the same views are taken shall we?

No need to wait, it's happened plenty of times. Just not as frequently as it does with whites.

amgqx1.PNG

(Source).

Soldato
I think it reflects how messed up things are in the US.
I struggle to watch any US media, including Fox, MSNBC etc, they are all just crazy people with staggeringly ignorant unidimensional view points.

I’ll preface this by saying that the shooters manifesto’s ‘The great replacement’ is about controlled weakening of the population that is being controlled by this ‘Jewish’ cabal..
The Fox News great replacement is about the Democrats believing that an large immigrant influx that would be left leaning would keep them in power.

But just looking for where did all this start, where did any suggestion that immigration would lead to white being the minority, well lo and behold,
There’s the old fella bragging back in 2015
"Folks like me who are Caucasian of European descent — for the first time in 2017 we’ll be an absolute minority in the United States of America,” Biden said. “Absolutely minority. Fewer than 50 percent of the people in America, from then and on, will be white European stock. That’s not a bad thing. That’s a source of our strength.”

There is plenty of evidence of democrats have been pushing this narrative in one form or another, this is one of many that are surfacing:
(Entitled “we can replace them")
"Abrams closed by reminding the crowd of Kemp’s views on democracy. “He said he is concerned that if everyone eligible to vote in Georgia does so, he will lose this election,” she said. “Let’s prove him right.” In a week, American voters can do to white nationalists what they fear most. Show them they’re being replaced."

There is a lot more, but the bottom line is the US is screwed, I blame everyone, Tucker, the right and the dems and the left…

To try to pin the buffalo shooting on Fox News and right wing media etc seems so dishonest, and I don’t agree with the us right wing media on just about anything, but seeing everyone believe the left saying the right are pushing some conspiracy theory and causing white supremacy is rich considering they’ve been peddling it for years…

Last edited:
Reactions: KIA
Soldato
I struggle to watch any US media, including Fox, MSNBC etc, they are all just crazy people with staggeringly ignorant unidimensional view points.

Before the pandemic I was travelling to the US (LA) every other month or so, I spent a lot of time there, honestly - it is such a broken country. I mean they have lots of money, lots of *stuff* and lots of power, but their society just feels broken.

I think one of the things which is causing a lot of problems is the US media and the way people are smashed over the head with it 24/7, it's made everybody so intense and divisive. The way the news channels have these blatant agendas, you're either one thing or the other - there's no middle ground or compromise.

It's made people so intense and combative - at the heart of it, you have all these mega corporations who are sat with one hand in the bank - profiting from all the clicks, whilst with the other they're stirring their cauldrons full of BS making everybody click more and more.

I think it might be causing a form of mental illness or stress which we don't understand yet, these mass grievance killings and acts of rage might be one way in which it's manifesting. Perhaps some people are unable to disconnect from it, or deal with it (media / social media bombardment) - then they become aggressive, broken, depressed and from there it escalates.

Reactions: KIA
Associate
Didn’t take long for the black on black crime deflection to pop up.
Whites like mass shooting and serial killing, blacks enjoy a good ole gang shooting with a sprinkle of looting. The figures for white on black shooting has to be low, no?

The title of this thread sums up my apathy, it's all entertainment, a higher body count just makes it interesting.

Soldato
Both siding at its best
Not at all,

I expected right wing media to be peddling a conspiracy theory, but to see it clearly stemming directly from democratic/left wing sources like this is incredibly bad. That just makes the right wing media guilty for what exactly? Pointing out what the democrats have been saying for years?

Soldato
Not at all,

I expected right wing media to be peddling a conspiracy theory, but to see it clearly stemming directly from democratic/left wing sources like this is incredibly bad. That just makes the right wing media guilty for what exactly? Pointing out what the democrats have been saying for years?

Its not the same thing.

Statistically, white people will become the minority, that's a fact.

However Biden frames that as a positive, while the racists like Trump and Tucker frame it as a negative and call people to do something about it.

Caporegime

I’ll preface this by saying that the shooters manifesto’s ‘The great replacement’ is about controlled weakening of the population that is being controlled by this ‘Jewish’ cabal..
The Fox News great replacement is about the Democrats believing that an large immigrant influx that would be left leaning would keep them in power.

But just looking for where did all this start, where did any suggestion that immigration would lead to white being the minority, well lo and behold,
There’s the old fella bragging back in 2015
"Folks like me who are Caucasian of European descent — for the first time in 2017 we’ll be an absolute minority in the United States of America,” Biden said. “Absolutely minority. Fewer than 50 percent of the people in America, from then and on, will be white European stock. That’s not a bad thing. That’s a source of our strength.”

There is plenty of evidence of democrats have been pushing this narrative in one form or another, this is one of many that are surfacing:
(Entitled “we can replace them")
"Abrams closed by reminding the crowd of Kemp’s views on democracy. “He said he is concerned that if everyone eligible to vote in Georgia does so, he will lose this election,” she said. “Let’s prove him right.” In a week, American voters can do to white nationalists what they fear most. Show them they’re being replaced."

There is a lot more, but the bottom line is the US is screwed, I blame everyone, Tucker, the right and the dems and the left…

To try to pin the buffalo shooting on Fox News and right wing media etc seems so dishonest, and I don’t agree with the us right wing media on just about anything, but seeing everyone believe the left saying the right are pushing some conspiracy theory and causing white supremacy is rich considering they’ve been peddling it for years…

What is wrong with pointing something out and embracing it?

The issue, is when it gets framed as being negative.

What does it matter if the white caucasian population of the USA becomes the minority?

Permabanned
I would say people have a problem with it it's more the way the media portrays it to the white folk isn't it.
The childish na na we're the oppressed and we've just had a little win sort of thing. While pretending they aren't thinking that being all coy and subvert about it all.
It's about inclusion not beating the dominant race down to your level.

Soldato
What is wrong with pointing something out and embracing it?

The issue, is when it gets framed as being negative.

What does it matter if the white caucasian population of the USA becomes the minority?

Just look at the slums when the white people left and took their because there was to much trouble.
Most blacks who have a good job live in a mostly white neighbourhoods now.

Those with money will just up and leave. Just look what happened to Flint and towns like it.

Soldato
Most gun deaths in the US are people committing suicide i.e. more people shoot themselves than murder others.

In 2020 in the US suicide by gun accounted for 54% (24,292) while murders were at 43% (19,384).

As for mass shootings, of the number of murders 512 would be attributed to mass shootings if using The Gun Violence Archive definition of an incident in which 4 or more people are shot.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

Back
Top Bottom