Tom Clancy's The Division for PC

Soldato
lol . they made bugcry 3 which was almost as bad.

people swallow anything. simple thing is ubisoft have enough titles for this year and don't want to overlap sales. so next big period after christmas is when the division will launch next year.

They may have collaborated but iirc they weren't lead developers and I'm not sure how much involvement they really had.

Generally Massive have a pretty good record with the Ground control and World in Conflict games :)

However ubisoft...well, the less said the better.

Associate
I wouldn't be surprised if this was due to the delay in Watch Dogs. Studios spent longer on Watch Dogs than initially planned, which leads to less time to work on the 2 AC games coming out this year so they pushed back The Division to free up some extra manpower to get them out on time.

On the other hand maybe they simply showed the game way to early and it was never going to make its date. :)

Soldato
Delays also keep it away from Destiny on consoles and should give it a nice clean launch window from a marketing point of view. Ubisoft have a bad track record from shwoing ealry and not living up to the promises, hell some games like Rainbow Six:patriots have just vanished, other have been dreadful on release and dropped like a hot brick when it comes to support and patches (RS:lockdown being my favourite example).

When Ubi get it right they make some of the best games of all time, when they get it right.

Caporegime
No one updated this post with the latest video?

Looks very nice. Of course graphics are taken with a pinch of salt until I see genuine release code.

Caporegime
I am cautiously cautious, I really like the overall workings, but...I cannot risk giving Ubisoft money, which just justifies their shilltastic behaviour recently.

Soldato
Will keep this one on the radar, looks very good but a lot of people have been stung by Watch Dogs. The people on the comms were cringe-worthy though, have they never played online?

Soldato
and it'll be nothing like that come release. Do we again need to say Ubi****e and Watch Dogs in an example line.

Whilst we're probably right to be wary, it is being developed by a completely different team (Massive who have a good record) and the engine is 'next-gen' only. I'm quietly optimistic and it looks great so far.

Permabanned
Hey look we may get another "next gen" port :rolleyes:

The Division locked at 30FPS, FPS has trade off for graphical fidelity

Ubisoft is in a massive web of trouble right now, with Watch Dogs on PC gimped - to possibly make it not stand out from the next-gen console versions - and now a promise that Far Cry 4 on next-gen consoles will be 'equal' to Ultra High settings on a PC. How can Ubisoft's week get worse? The slightly older news that its upcoming open-world title The Division will be locked to 30FPS.

The reason? Massive Entertainment, the studio developing The Division, didn't want to trade graphic fidelity for frame rate. Massive Entertainment's Managing Director, David Polfeldt, explained the reasoning behind the 30FPS target: "I think we're shooting for 30fps because it's a trade-off, right? Graphical fidelity and immersion are more important to us than the frame rate. If we go for [60fps], we'll have to make a trade-off on fidelity and other things. But because we want to have very, very complex destruction and extremely detailed environments; a complete weather system, full day/night cycle...at some point you have to make up your mind: where do you invest? And for us, it's going to be 30fps".

Massive's Ryan Barnard also talked with OXM, where he said: "We are at the point where we're focusing on making sure that we have the graphical quality we want across all consoles. Of course, [we have] our partnership with Xbox and all the exclusive content - I don't know when we're going to be talking about the details on that, but there will be goodies for our Xbox customers that they will very much enjoy for The Division".

What remains to be seen, is if the PC version will have better graphics - because the console versions are obviously being held back, not just in frame rate locks at 30FPS - but with Watch Dogs having reserved graphics that have been gimped - hopefully Ubisoft wake up from this haze, and clear it all up.

PC can look better, but if they showed off what a fully unleashed PC could do in a title like The Division, Watch Dogs, or Far Cry 4, are developers scared it would hurt console sales? Or is this something that Microsoft and Sony have a hand in? Keep your eyes peeled to TweakTown, as we will have more on this in the coming hours.

Read more at http://www.tweaktown.com/news/38518...s-trade-off-for-graphical-fidelity/index.html

Back
Top Bottom