Tom Clancy's The Division for PC

Associate
OP
Worried generally for the state of PC gaming. Things have been progressively getting worse for a number of years now.

Whether it's developers getting lazier/less skilled, code becoming more complex, time pressures from publishers, influences of console makers, smaller budgets or a combination of all I'm not sure.

The conspiracist in me wonders if the games industry is getting bungs from governments/sports companies to produce poor games, in order to get people away from screens and more active! Haha.

All I know is as graphical quality increases, general quality seems to decrease and bugs increase.

I was really looking forward to this game, I'm now totally disillusioned by the games industry and look forward to nothing.

Permabanned
Nothing in the article quotes mentions the PC version except the author questioning what the PC version will look like. Did you even read it?

Can you even read?

I said "may"

not

"we're getting"

If this game is locked at 30FPS on PC then Ubisoft have lost a sale. This is exactly what I mean when I said "PC Gamers now accept lower standards".

Caporegime
Vid looks great, but do people not bleed when they're shot in video games any more?! Family game I guess, running around shooting people willy-nilly, but blood? Ooooh no.

And XP flashing up is another trend I can't stand. Makes it feel more arcadey than realistic.

Soldato
Can you even read?

I said "may"

not

"we're getting"

If this game is locked at 30FPS on PC then Ubisoft have lost a sale. This is exactly what I mean when I said "PC Gamers now accept lower standards".

Yes I did read that, what I was saying is that you're stating it may be a port based on no discernible quotes mentioning the PC platform...I'm just trying to understand how you came to that conclusion?

Here's an article from December last year which the developer states it will not be a port:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-is-a-full-fledged-optimised-version-dev-vows

"You can be sure that our PC version won't be a port, but a full-fledged, optimised version," the Swedish studio said. "We want to create the best game possible regardless of what platform you play on."

However I do agree on one point, 30 Fps is in no way acceptable for a PC title but they have only stated that is for consoles thus far (which makes sense given their lack of gpu grunt).

Soldato
http://whatifgaming.com/the-division-developer-insider-we-already-downgraded-a-few-things

I'd be pretty worried about the quality of this game on PC if this article has any truth to it.

Assuming this is true, it seems like the pressure comes from Ubisoft heads...Why can't they get it through their thick skulls that console players will buy it regardless of whether the PC version looks better. The Witcher 3 will prove this point when it's released.

Ah well if the game itself is good then I'm not that fussed about graphics but it's the principle of gimping a game to appease the masses that will never sit well with me. It's also completely at odds with the developer's point above which could potentially be classed as a downright lie if the article is true.

Associate
I think everyone's trust in Ubi is at an all time low after the whole WD debacle. I had my reservations when I heard about this game, during last year's E3, just because it's Ubi and they tend to have some really good ideas and concepts for a game and then just utterly bugger them up to end up with a steaming load of turd.

Associate
I have had it with Ubisoft. They literally haven't done anything and then not *****d it up in some way. FarCry3 was the closest they got to gaming perfection but they had to ruin the experience with Uplay. God, I just hate them so much.

Associate
Ok so why is 30fps so bad if it's locked at it and everyone is running at it? There's so many people out there that don't care what fps they get. Hell ok happy for 45-50 on some games and I am rubbing a 780ti, bluray run at 24fps did you miss out on a bit of film once???

Soldato
Ok so why is 30fps so bad if it's locked at it and everyone is running at it? There's so many people out there that don't care what fps they get. Hell ok happy for 45-50 on some games and I am rubbing a 780ti, bluray run at 24fps did you miss out on a bit of film once???

giphy.gif

Soldato

Next time do yourself a favour and just buy a computer from Dell or HP, your rig is clearly wasted on you.

Associate
Maybe I do other things on my pc that require rendering or maybe I can see bigger pictures and not just think it's 30fps I won't buy it.
How about a game that's optimized for 30fps and that it runs as it should do. Who is anyone to say a truely optimised game at 30fps is awful. It's not out and you haven't played it, save your pc snobbery until a games out rather than looking at a spec and saying it's awful

Back
Top Bottom