Tom Clancy's The Division for PC

Permabanned
Ok so why is 30fps so bad if it's locked at it and everyone is running at it? There's so many people out there that don't care what fps they get. Hell ok happy for 45-50 on some games and I am rubbing a 780ti, bluray run at 24fps did you miss out on a bit of film once???

I see your point in that if a game is locked to 30 and is a good game I won't miss out as I'm a gamer first and foremost HOWEVER 30fps on pc is shocking and pure laziness from a developers standpoint

Associate
I see your point in that if a game is locked to 30 and is a good game I won't miss out as I'm a gamer first and foremost HOWEVER 30fps on pc is shocking and pure laziness from a developers standpoint

I appreciate that in 2014 it seems that 30fps is low however I remember when diesels went to 1.6 instead of 2.0 with the same power and speed. What I'm saying is that if it's optimized it should be ok. like everyone else I've not played it so I live in hope.

Soldato
higher fps than 30 is better due to lower input lag (responsiveness to commands) and better, smoother motion of the object on screen, especially on fast moving action.

It's "common knowledge" that a movie is working quite different than a game. The method of rendering images that is.

Check some footage at 60 fps then at 30fps. Even the mother of all coding cannot get rid of input lag and lower fluency of the picture while moving from left to right.

It's one thing to say you're fine with 30fps, another to suggest more isn't needed.

Associate
The issue with comparing video footage on the net as its not always reliable an i am shocked to see that there hasnt been any comparisons on major gaming sites.

Its Common knowledge? Really i'll ask my mum and dad see if they know. I doubt they even know what FPS is :p (sarcastic comment of the day).

but i do appreciate that they render differently and react differently.

Im neither saying 30fps is fine or ok. as you can see i usualyl aim for 40-50 as supposedly thats all my eye can see. Its similar to me the days when panasonic released their flag ship tvs with 70hz processing as this was the best for eyes and now i see 400hz!
But that aside i like to see things try them and see if my old age can see the difference. Id like to think that an optimised game would be ideal in this day and age to have a level playing field. now did you think of that? someone running 60 hell 120 would have an advatange to those running 30fps on a game so level it off take away that it makes it level.

Soldato
someone running 60 hell 120 would have an advatange to those running 30fps on a game so level it off take away that it makes it level.

That's Ubi all right (and a little bit of communism)! :D If you can't have it, then no one should, lol! Yeah, I run triple screen @60fps and enjoying it (with a lower spec PC than yours). Do I feel like I cheat? No! There isn't a leveled play filed anyway. Want equality in mediocrity at best, then stay on/use consoles. PC is the platform where you build your own experience, at 30, or at 144fps, depending on budget and needs.

For your info:
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/reality-check-do-we-need-60-fps-on-ps4-and-xbox-on/2300-6415658/

https://frames-per-second.appspot.com/

PS: "Common knowledge" as I put it above, represents something that is taken for granted by any gamer out there that plays for quite some time and realized a while back the gap between frame rate in games and in movies.

Last edited:
Associate
Now as I say I don't not agree with anyone but level playing fields will help. Amd if they ever go cross platform that is more evident than ever. But it's also interesting you point out about budgets I get that but when your gaming the playing field should be even regardless if you spend 10k or 500. That's what annoys me about Bf4 people turn down their settings to avoid the light flares so they find it easier.

Soldato
Why stop on FPS? Let's then, if you chose to use multiplatform, make the PC users go with gamepad only and ban mouse and keyboard, after all, console players don't have that. On PC, let's not allow to map your own keys or change the sensibility of your mouse. Let's also add some latency so all players enjoy and equal internet connexion. Let's use low settings and make ever so little graphical improvements so that a lot more players can enjoy and have accessibility. Let's only use HD resolution also, just in the spirit of the previous argument. Or better, yet, let's just accept players that have a multi display setup (3) @144FPS locked, full details, 1Gbps fiber optic internet connexion. Nothing bellow.The others cannot play! See where I'm going with this? :) If you don't like that others have more than 30fps and change settings, why not doing it yourself? You like 30fps better, then just use MSI Afterburner and limit the FPS for every game. Lower that in game settings and enjoy!

There are a competitions out there in which you can use your own "stuff". Racing for instance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom