Tom Hardy to Star in 'Venom'

Soldato
I found the movie very entertaining, the interplay between Venom and Tom Hardy's character is enjoyable, it does not deserve the bandwagon hate it is getting.

Soldato
Actually enjoyed it despite writing it off based on trailers and early reviews, doesn't deserve most of the "venom" the critics have been throwing at it.

No it's not MCU standard but it's a good fun entertaining movie...actually far more entertaining than a bunch of the more recent MCU movies.

Hardy plays it well as always, interplay between him and the symbiote is genuinely funny and on point.

Oh and stay for both end credit scenes, although arguably only the mid credit scene one is worth it and had me gushing like a dirty little fanboy.

Soldato
Saw it tonight and really enjoyed it.

Good to see it was a 15 and not a 12a but not sure it really warranted it with the cinema cut. It felt like it should have been left as an 18 and there were a number of scenes where the fights would have been more gorey by nature of the events but blood was absent.

Last edited:

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Is this the official Venom thread then?

According to the reviews the film is pants.

Any one seen it?

So disappointed as Venom ad especially Carnage are my favourite comic characters.

If your going into this not knowing the character or anything about the source material, then it might get away with it. If your a Marvel fan then you will most likely be disappointed. You can't really have a Venom movie without a huge chunk of the plot. Like having a James Bond movie without James. Still had a lot to work with and the end product was pretty disappointing. The who thing was cheesy and surreal.

Associate
It's hardly a classic, and definitely not up there with the best marvel films, but I wouldn't says it's any where near as bad as the critics led us to believe.

Tom hardy played the duel personalities very well and I liked the few comedy elements.

I'm a marvel fan, and this could and should have been so much better, but considering weve been waiting for film based on venom for years I also didnt leave the cinema overly dissapointed either as I did quite enjoy it. Which took me a little by surprise lol

I'd be happy if this was rebooted, taken out of Sony's hands of course, and Tom hardy to reprise the character and give it an 18 rating. Probably never gonna happen though.

Associate
£18 just for a seat? Paid like £8 including online booking fee for a reserved seat in my local.

Ouch, £18! Going to see tonight with the Vue Super Mondays so think was £4.99. Been looking forward to this and was worried after the critics reviews, however now a large consensus of people are saying to ignore critics as is a good film! Happy days :)

Soldato
Yea... I had no choice really. We have builders in the house currently and they turned all the electricity in the house off on Sat so I had to go and do something.

So I paid £18 to go watch Venom. :confused::o

Associate
Really enjoyed it. Not going to win any Oscars but really don't think it deserves the slating from the critics. Had an old school feel to it, with well judges humour. Think we have just got used to the polish of the MCU films.

Would like to see the story continued, believe it had already surpassed budget.

FYI, there are 2 sets of credits scenes to stick around for.

Back
Top Bottom