Too many credit cards? aka "The Credit Card thread"

After tax around £125 assuming you've exceeded your £1000 a year allowance.

There's more chance of becoming a millionaire not having a credit card than having a credit card and earning £125 a year. Facts.

You're not going to be exceeding your 1000 allowance if you're doing this I doubt.
But 125 free is still 125

Last edited:
jkSielR.jpg

Credit cards are great.

I always try and have a new card with a sign up bonus on the go, it usually ends up giving me at least a 10% return on spend I'd have to make anyway.

After tax around £125 assuming you've exceeded your £1000 a year allowance.

There's more chance of becoming a millionaire not having a credit card than having a credit card and earning £125 a year. Facts.

Who says anything about being a millionaire, you are obsessed about being rich. Unless it hasn't got through your head, it's about taking advantage of the little things because it is wise to, and it is beneficial, in both legal and financial perspectives.

jkSielR.jpg

Credit cards are great.

I always try and have a new card with a sign up bonus on the go, it usually ends up giving me at least a 10% return on spend I'd have to make anyway.

I wish the UK has half of those cards, I would get a Sapphire Reserve today if it's here. The only "good" card are the Amex ones and now the Barclays but sign up bonus are still turd.

I sign up to Fare Drop (Kara and Nate), and have been following how they travel hack using sign up bonuses. No luck doing any of that this side of the pond.

jkSielR.jpg

Credit cards are great.

Nice collection, I binned my Amex Plat when I stopped travelling for work and the price went up from £300 a year. I should do a similar picture but with Airline and hotel status as I never binned any of my cards.

It's really not bonkers.. it saves me a lot of potential stress down the line.

Plus some companies don't take credit cards, and only take bank transfer. E.g. I bought a cabin and paid by BT around 15k. I did about 10-15hrs of due diligence before buying, checking everything on the Internet about the company plus the people running it.

Due diligence is fine, I do it lots of it at work. But I have seen "sound" massive companies go under within a week when looking at their last accounts, searching etc showed no issues. Unless you are going to follow them for months, go interview the senior management, get friendly in the pub with the senior accountant, try and pick up gossip from the shopfloor, a lot of the time you will have no idea.

Plus you only have to pay a deposit of £100 by credit to be covered for the full amount so in yoru cabin case you could have done that and paid £14,900 by BT and you would have been covered under section 75. Must less stressful and then you are full protected.

Last edited:
I turn off the minimum payment direct debits and do it manually, as I found they were requesting payment via DD way before the due date. I also keep most of my current acc balance in savings/earning interest so often there is jack all in my CC so I stay in control this way, too. Obviously requires discipline but I check my finance Excel and all 8 of my accounts every single day.

I wish the UK has half of those cards, I would get a Sapphire Reserve today if it's here. The only "good" card are the Amex ones and now the Barclays but sign up bonus are still turd.

I don't think the Sapphire Reserve is worth the annual fee, I only have it for the signup bonus. I'll downgrade it to another Freedom card when the annual fee becomes due.

Back
Top Bottom