Too many credit cards? aka "The Credit Card thread"

What if they don't take PayPal, or in my case, PayPal refused my claim but Amex did?

Never crossed that hurdle yet and have spent tens of thousands through Paypal. I just tend to not buy things from dodgy sellers.

Most big purchases like televisions, boilers, general white goods are normally bought from reputable places where warranty is a given.

This thread:
Hey do you want to earn rewards like cashback on money you were going to spend anyway, plus get protection on your spending well above what a debit card provides and with no additional cost if you pay it off in full each month?

No thank you, that sounds awful.

it's more like...

Question : Some advice please?

Answers : impossible/no help whatsoever :p

noy every reply, just saying!

This thread:
Hey do you want to earn rewards like cashback on money you were going to spend anyway, plus get protection on your spending well above what a debit card provides and with no additional cost if you pay it off in full each month?

No thank you, that sounds awful.

Don't forget "I don't need protections I audt every company I purchase from"

I think it's fine if people just don't want one, even knowing they could benefit from it. There is no reason to have to persuade people otherwise if they're set against the idea.

Above all else I am a realist, so I'd prefer to see facts rather than made up reasons for not using them though, as that can mislead people who would otherwise be interested.

Never crossed that hurdle yet and have spent tens of thousands through Paypal. I just tend to not buy things from dodgy sellers.

Most big purchases like televisions, boilers, general white goods are normally bought from reputable places where warranty is a given.

If you spend a lot they're worth considering, up to you though.

I had £125 cashback last year, and it's looking like it's going to be £175 this year, not including bespoke offers they do.

But does buying these things and getting rewards for doing so not sound good? It really is that simple.

it's more like...

Question : Some advice please?

Answers : impossible/no help whatsoever :p

noy every reply, just saying!

To be honest asking the question "is 8 credit cards too many?" is a pretty self-evident response. Pretty much anyone sane is going to say yes lol!

Even as someone who likes using them, I would only have 2-3 tops at once. At the moment I just have 1.

To be honest asking the question "is 8 credit cards too many?" is a pretty self-evident response. Pretty much anyone sane is going to say yes lol!

Even as someone who likes using them, I would only have 2-3 tops at once. At the moment I just have 1.
Why would you say yes?

What's the difference between 1 and 8? 8x rewards no?

Can’t remember, maybe 4 or 5 .

Platinum Amex to impress the ladies and a Tesco one to build up my point . To be fair I only ever use one for large internet purchases or overseas travel now , I just don’t spend enough to warrant any rewards or points anymore .

From experience improving a credit score is about using the card and paying it off in full regularly.

Last edited:
Can’t remember, maybe 4 or 5 .

Platinum Amex to impress the ladies and a Tesco one to build up my point . To be fair I only ever use one for large internet purchases or overseas travel now , I just don’t spend enough to warrant any rewards or points anymore .

From experience improving a credit score is about using the card and paying it off in full regularly.
A debit card is much more impressive to the ladies. Similar to being mortgage free vs financing a sports car.

Back
Top Bottom