Too many credit cards? aka "The Credit Card thread"

I thought about this too, I was going to boiler plate this in my post but that would never happen because human beings are not perfect.

They make money from other means than interest on your debt, like fees on purchases and annual fees. These would no doubt change, and the perks will also decrease. This is why the perks in the US is so much better as the purchase fee there are higher. EU laws puts a cap on the purchase fee so their profit here is less and thus credit card perks this side is worse.

100% CC companies will ALWAYS WIN.

Well duh but why is that my problem? I don't live in communist Korea.

Who said it was your problem?

Fine. For a small number of people yes there is a net benefit to them. However if you miss a credit card payment just one time for any reason, that will incur interest plus leave a bad mark on your file. All for what.. few hundred pounds a year?

This is why it is important to set up at least a DD for the minimum amount. Then you will never miss it. There are tools to do this.

100% CC companies will ALWAYS WIN.
They are a business, they exist to make money, of course they will "win". It isn't about winning. My job, nor yours, isn't trying to make them go bankrupt. What i am advocating is about getting something back with responsible spending.

Are you advocating the opposite?

Last edited:
They are a business, they exist to make money, of course they will "win". It isn't about winning. My job, nor yours, isn't trying to make them go bankrupt. What i am advocating is about getting something back with responsible spending.

Get something back with responsible spending then. If you can get money from them by spending responsibly you win.

Last edited:
They are a business, they exist to make money, of course they will "win". It isn't about winning. My job, nor yours, is to make them go bankrupt. What i am advocating is about getting something back with responsible spending.

It's not just about the money. You're selling your data as well.

In 5 years time, I will be mortgage free and student loan free. I will never have any debt again. If I want to upsize house or car, it will be paid for with cash.

No one will be coming after me for money except for council tax and utilities. That's how I want to live my life. OK I missed out on a couple of hundred at most per year. That's not going to change my life. Having a clear mind to focus on work will.

In 5 years time, I will be mortgage free and student loan free. I will never have any debt again. If I want to upsize house or car, it will be paid for with cash.

No one will be coming after me for money except for council tax and utilities. That's how I want to live my life. OK I missed out on a couple of hundred at most per year. That's not going to change my life. Having a clear mind to focus on work will.

They can have my data, but they'll never take my cashback CC!
Charge.. (my card)!

We all "sell" our data everytime we buy something.

And my mortgage will finish in 2 years (HA! One can brag about that too!), I paid off my student loan before i was 30, I own my car outright. What has this got to do with anything about responsible spending on credit cards?

This is NOT about taking on debt, stop seeing credit card as debts. I have no debt on credit cards. I buy THROUGH it, I don't rack up debt on it. No one is advocating racking up credit card debt.

Last edited:

I feel like you’re just using this thread to brag

We all "sell" our data everytime we buy something.

And my mortgage will finish in 2 years (HA! One can brag about that too!), I paid off my student loan before i was 30, I own my car outright. What has this got to do with anything about responsible spending on credit cards?
The person in the US who has 50 plus credit cards. The amount of time you're spending on managing that, it has to eat into your work/life. Everything has a cost.

That's cool, well done for been responsible.

EoQqd9k.png

The person in the US who has 50 plus credit cards. The amount of time you're spending on managing that, it has to eat into your work/life. Everything has a cost.
Currently getting paid to post so not really

Back
Top Bottom