Too many credit cards? aka "The Credit Card thread"

In my view credit cards are only useful if you are borrowing on them and paying it back in a reasonable time.

The only reason I use a credit card is for online purchases as it generally has more protection.

I'm not sure why someone would need 8 credit cards at the same time unless your debt was getting out of control?

In my view credit cards are only useful if you are borrowing on them and paying it back in a reasonable time.

The only reason I use a credit card is for online purchases as it generally has more protection.

I'm not sure why someone would need 8 credit cards at the same time unless your debt was getting out of control?
My debt is nowhere near out of control. 6 of them are never used.

Or maybe you're misunderstanding. :)

Could you confirm which 1% you're in please:

To be in the top 1% of income tax payers in the UK (i.e. to be among the 310,000 individuals with the highest income), a taxable income of at least £160,000 is required.£236,000 is required to be in the top 0.5% and nearly £650,000 to be in the top 0.1%. 43% of adults pay no income tax and to be in the top 1% of all adults (or the top 540,000 people), a pre-tax income of at least £120,000 is required.

The top 1% of income tax payers are disproportionately male, middle-aged and London-based. A man aged 45–54 in London could be in the top 1% nationally while still needing a further £550,000 to be in the top 1% for his gender, age and region.

Yeah it's not free. Most credit cards have annual fees. My debit card has chargeback protection and costs nothing.

Most of them are free.

There are some with yearly membership fees but they usually have higher rewards, however if you're happy with £0 fee and a bit less on the rewards side, you can do that and not pay any fee.

Never had a credit card and not planning to do so either. Just use Paypal if I need some protection. Always of the mind set that if I cannot afford it do not buy it.

Seems I am in the minority.

Paypal is hit and miss, I've had to go to Amex instead of Paypal a couple of times as Paypal weren't willing to help. Amex have on the two occasions I've needed to use chargeback in the decade or so I've used them.

I’ve been recovering a poor credit record over the past few few years. I’ve gradually built up a collection of cards with improving rates each time, and I now have a prime card.

I now have about 8 cards. Now I actually have a decent card, is it worth me binning off some of the credit builders with silly rates or keeping them so my available credit stays up and my utilisation remains low? Can you have too many credit cards? Most of them will never be used again. Grateful for any guidance from you finance savvy bunch.
It's not a good idea. I don't use any CC but only debit cards. I know how much rich I am :cry:

Back
Top Bottom