Took a "Blobeye" Impreza STI PPP out today

Soldato
Type RA forum

The RA WRC edition is overpriced hence no one has bought it - don't care if it is 0000/1000

The STI RA WRC edition has been dropped to £5K and he's asking for offers so I'd go in at 4.5K and see what he says.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2014151.htm

I can tell you now though that it won't be a comfortable car to drive. Awesome without question but coming from a Focus ST it will be like stepping in go kart.

Caporegime
:)

There are a lot of people into their cars over here, and belonging to a fairly large motoring club over here - I know most of them. It isn't that hard to comprehend, really.

Ok, I've had a few beers this evening but I'm not sure where your mate is going with this. All RA spec Imprezas were WRX STI (or STi) based. There's no such thing as a Subaru Impreza RA. RA is a 'type', not a model in and of itself.

Permabanned
OP
There was the RA and then STi RA, this has already been discussed earlier in the thread.

EddScott said:
I can tell you now though that it won't be a comfortable car to drive. Awesome without question but coming from a Focus ST it will be like stepping in go kart.

I'm well aware of this, and you think the Impreza is bad - you should see what my Strada is like on the road :D

Caporegime
There was the RA and then STi RA, this has already been discussed earlier in the thread.

I'm well aware of this, and you think the Impreza is bad - you should see what my Strada is like on the road :D

Of the 3 pages this threads has gone to, I don't remember or see any mention of an RA miodel which is not STI or STi based. Could you give me the post number please or a link to the Subaru site or something? Cheers.

Soldato
Jap cars are not reknowed at all for user acceptance levels of NVH. I guess their roads are a dream over there. the GFs Swift Sport makes the Clio look like my BMW.

In France, I can imagine the Swift Sport being far more at home on smooth quiet roads.

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;17611148 said:
It does have that engine and is still technically an STI type RA.

A WRX Type RA does not have the same engine internals as an STI RA. The STI has uprated internals to allow it to rev higher - as it revs higher and its fed low RON fuel in the UK its chances of popping are significantly increased - and never ever put BP Ultimate in an Impreza tank - and never run a classic under 1/4 tank.

The block might be same - the older RA and STIs had a closed deck block for homologation purposes but were more expensive to produce.

Associate
Why dont you just finish the job first on your ST ?

Like mine (ps you had the chance but now ive got another ST and had all the mods re fitted :) hehe )

Springs (car is still nice to drive but handles like it should have dont from the factory)
RS clutch (for the power)
RS diff (Gets the power planted)

Downpipe
Sports cat
back box
dreamscience intercooler
dreamscience cold air indution kit plus RS ecu enclosure
RS spark plugs
some decent oil (this is a must with 300 bhp plus if you like your block liners)

All fitted and remaped in hull at dreamscience HQ with MOD X 320 BHP :)

Realy nice to drive still and the same differance as a remap again is how id describe it......

prolly get dreamscience to do the full lot for you for about 3k and forget the scooby...

Sts Fully modded are a lot of fun mate dont dismiss it thats all im saying.....

Permabanned
OP
Because I've got more sense to waste that much money modifying a car that is probably already at its limits of actually usable power.

The only slightly useful suggestion you've made there is the diff.

Associate
WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG

cya

enjoy the jap junk box

ive had 3 there ****

BYE.................................................................

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom