Took a "Blobeye" Impreza STI PPP out today

rating_5.gif

Let me clarify a few things. Unless I had a fair bit more money, I would never spend £12k on a car just for fun, and apart from the noise, the MY05 Impreza didn't seem raw enough to justify the other compromises.

Where as a classic is going to cost less than £5k, is going to be more focussed and would be used as a fun/weekend/occasional use car.

Fett's comment got me thinking how many times I've really had a chance to take a 4WD for a proper run, and that's limited to a few quick blasts spread over a Pulsar, a shoddy classic WRX and a MK4 R32. I have the opportunity here to give 4WD a chance, and to give me a chance to properly familiarise with 4WD and what it has to offer.

I don't really see what the issue is here?

Or you could not spend £5k on an old Impreza, could have used the money to keep your Focus, and then spent the rest of your time with your new family rather than messing about with old Jap turbos.

[TW]Fox;17607717 said:
Or you could not spend £5k on an old Impreza, could have used the money to keep your Focus, and then spent the rest of your time with your new family rather than messing about with old Jap turbos.

Not quite getting what you're saying there Fox? Why exactly wouldn't he be able to spend just as much time with his family in the Impreza than the ST?

What ... what happened here? The OP is seriously going to buy a version of the car that he was terribly underwhelmed with in his first post? Christ, I thought he was kidding.

e : have five stars, this is bonkers.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom