Top 3 national anthems

Associate
French
Scottish - Flower of Scotland
Ireland - Ireland's call (it's the anthem the rugby team sing)

I am Welsh, and ours is my favourite, but these are my top 3 other nations.

Interesting to hear some of you are not keen on God Save the Queen. I personally find it very dull and uninspiring, both the lyircs but also the tune.

Man of Honour
Not a national anthem (though it should be) but Finlandia-hymni is hard to beat.

Been to a couple of funerals where Be Still My Soul was sung to the tune of Finlandia by around 400 people - it is quite something videos don't convey.

Associate
N Korea and China sound like rip offs of the Russian anthem.
Would you expect anything less both have modelled themselves after Russia after all. :rolleyes:

I've gone to watch a Wales six nations matches several times at the millennium stadium. I start singing the anthem but I never make it through the chorus. That crescendo catches in my chest every time.

I do like the russian anthem, similar rousing feel to Wales.

Soldato
Scottish national anthem is Scotland The Brave. At the football and rugby they sing Flower Of Scotland.

It's England that doesn't have a national anthem, GSTQ is meant to be a UK wide anthem although there is little use of it in Scotland other than the OO brigade.

Associate
The version of God Save the Queen that we use is pretty terrible, it would be great if it was replaced by one of Paganini's variations - that would keep the fans on their toes!

Back
Top Bottom