Top Boy

Soldato
Top Boy (2011 & 2013)

gpV2s47.png

A thriving but underground drugs business is being run by Dushane ('Ashley Walters') and his friend Sully (Kane Robinson) to become the richest men on the block. To live rich Dushane and Sully go into partnership with top don Bobby Raikes ('Geoff Bell (I)'). Rivalry with Kamale (Scorcher) and his gang results in their loan from Raikes being stolen, and they swear revenge. Thirteen-year old Ra'Nell (Malcolm Kamulete) gradually gets lured into the gang and drug business as his mother Lisa (Sharon Duncan-Brewster) has a breakdown and is hospitalised - with devastating consequences.

IMDb Link = http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1830379/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Just finished binge watching the first 2 seasons of this and must say it was rather good.
Whilst the acting at times was a little questionable the overall feel of this gritty East London gangster drama was pretty special, so good that Drake got involved and pushed for the canned 3rd season to be produced!! I can't wait, highly recommended.

5nKXwoq.png

Soldato
This was a good little series, shame it got canned.

There was talk last year of Drake helping to get a new series going, would rather not have one if he would be involved.

Associate

First two seasons are cult classics... Channel 4 ditched the show around the time they stopped making groundbreaking television five or so years ago and decided to become a more 'safe' tv channel for the masses.

The show was more or less dead but then Drake of all people has revived it, buying the rights and then getting a deal done with Netflix to air it worldwide.

It will have the original writers and actors and is being produced by Lebron James' production company, Brian Eno doing the soundtrack as well.

Soldato
First season makes me feel weird as a friend of mine makes a very odd appearance in one of the episodes but he sadly passed away a few years ago.

Looking forward to this though

Soldato
this was the last great show C4 produced
shameless ?

when I saw top guy I read Noel Clarkes kidulthood/adulthood/brotherhood/aprenthood series ... is this as good ?
seems same writers as its predecessors, but different directors .. interesting new direction for netflix - UK specific content (suppose the queen was, but does that count
edit: since the A's lap up anything royal)

Soldato
really ? didn't know netflix had any UK drama (decent or otherwise)
..maybe I should qualify that with the word original - if they have a load of back catalogue stuff.

Back
Top Bottom