Top Gun: Maverick

Caporegime
I like the original, mainly because I'm fascinated by military aircraft. They've traded Tomcats for Super Hornets but the fact they're not CGI has me excited!

Be interesting to see how much is real and how much is cg, far harder to spot a cg plane unless they make it do something obviously impossible.

Soldato
Pretty sure they would have Cruise flying whatever he can, they can film him piloting a non-military jet and then use the military ones for the exterior shots

They may well have him 'flying' in a simulator for the interior shots. But Cruise does fly and owns a P51 Mustang and a Gulfstream, so his being in the cockpit for real is not beyond the bounds of possibility.

Caporegime
Ex-military can. Theres a chap who owns and flys a harrier in the US.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Nalls

It’s military property, not ex military planes.

I guess the studio could see if they could buy an F-18 for him to fly but unlikely.

Hope it’s good. Love the first one. Turn the volume up and marvel at the combination of awesome music and the rumble of the jets!

Associate
Surprised there's no sign of a F35B considering how much they're being hammered home as the replacement for the F18's for the US Navy.

:: edit ::

Although, given what is being said from the actors in the trailer, the helmet that Maverick was wearing, I'm wondering if they're the last vanguard of old school pilots who are being phased out for F35B pilots who don't need their dogfighting skills.

Back
Top Bottom