Total War: Warhammer 2

Caporegime
I knew about game 3 on it's way but to carry on supporting the earlier titles is fantastic to me..
And i really hope you're right in 3 or more years of support for these.
I used to dabble in table top and this just takes me back to those days.. I love it!!!
Of course they are supporting the earlier title TWW2, it still has 12-18 months of life and revenue-generation left.

Caporegime
Empire are from the first game so they quite easily could have ignored them..
Of course they couldn't ignore them, seriously, think about it logically). The Empire are pivotal to the 3rd Game as an arch-enemy of Chaos and they are overall the most important race in the entire Warhammer world. It wasn't a question of if they would be updated, but when. Otherwise do you really think they would update Bretonnia, Dwarves and Undead, both Game 1 races? Orcs will likely get the update next and all Game1 races will ultimately will receive some kind of update or rework (varying in relative effort I am sure, with Beastmen getting the least) to bring them to at least a reasonably competitive playing field with the Game 2 and upcoming races Game 3 races.

The Mortal Empires map with all races added is the ultimate future and longevity of this series and it has to be designed with that in mind.

apg

apg

Associate
For someone who has not been following these recent TW games, does W2 take place on the same map as W1? Would it be a better idea just to buy W2 instead of W1 or should I play W1 first?

Soldato
For someone who has not been following these recent TW games, does W2 take place on the same map as W1? Would it be a better idea just to buy W2 instead of W1 or should I play W1 first?

Treat W1 as a factions pack. Buy both and everything from W1 is transferred over when you play 2. You dont actually need W1 installed on steam just added. I think I got both for around £25 from a key site.

There are then separate faction packs which you can top up in steam sales for 50% off.

Associate
Be interesting to see the Gotrek and Felix mechanic in use. Could open the way for a Dogs of War dlc at a later date.

I have a feeling there will be 3 more cross game dlc and then a game 3 pre-order dlc left for game 2.

I reckon they will what all the original new world races to have 6 LL like lizards.

The wood elves need some love with only their 2 LL. I think chaos update will be game 3, beastmen may happen earlier. Always thought the top left of the vortex map needs a beastman Start.

Note the empire has had 12 regions added in the update which is awesome.

Caporegime
Yeah I have to say the Empire reworks looks decent, Slann are tweaked, and overall there are a lot of much-needed changes to Empire territories and I like the new Forts which should make holding Empire easier. The next DLC will not bring any race rework and will focus on quality of life and technical issues so the game should be getting into a very good state soon in time for Game3.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just reinstalled this on to my new PC ,best of the TW series for me,so much more variety !

Looking forward to the changes to the Empire and watching my rieksgaurd run down my enemies !

Soldato
Mortal,vortex is a blast but prefer mortal for a usual blast.
To be honest I mostly play Empire (artillery!)elves dark or high

Soldato
Oh yeah,it's one massive downside to this game, I tend to surf the net on the phone between turns or socialize with our lass for 5 mins haha

Soldato
I still play the first game a lot, with the big advantage being the load times and turn times are much shorter than WHII (especially Mortal Empires).

While I like ME, the turn times are ridiculous even with mods and a decent CPU.

Soldato
Well got a chance to try it out on the new PC and....... Sweet baby Jesus I'm getting bad stuttering /frame drops !
Tried all the graphical options, nothing attempted task manager and disabling 0 core ... nothing.

Bugger.

Caporegime
Well got a chance to try it out on the new PC and....... Sweet baby Jesus I'm getting bad stuttering /frame drops !
Tried all the graphical options, nothing attempted task manager and disabling 0 core ... nothing.

Bugger.
Impossible to comment on without knowing anything about your settings/hardware.

Soldato
3700x with 5700xt ,12gb ram all installed fresh on an M2 hard drive and x570 elite motherboard.
All drivers up to date .

All settings on ultra on dx11,AA to max basically what it recommended, it runs fine for a few minutes then it has drops in frame rate .

Also tried knocking shadows down AA etc all down to high and still no better...

Will have another play around with settings tonight

Back
Top Bottom