Total War: Warhammer 3

Soldato
I enjoyed WH2, but there seem to be issues with WH3? Definitely one I’d like to pick up down the line now I’m back into PC gaming.

It's all good now, few bugs and the new way you defend settlements is a bit marmite, also cost and lack of content with the previous dlc, although rectified now.

If you like Warhammer it's a no brainer.

Plenty of mods as well which is good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Started a new campaign with Elspeth....got bogged down with the vamps hiding in pfieldorf then steam rolled by the vamps from the east...didn't last long at all !

Associate
Started a new campaign with Elspeth....got bogged down with the vamps hiding in pfieldorf then steam rolled by the vamps from the east...didn't last long at all !
Will give it a shot today. Usually don't enjoy playing as the Empire factions though ... bunch of wimps ! Give me some decent infantry !

Soldato
My Malakai playthrough is bugged :( The final battle for the first adventure doesn't show up. Gutted, as I've made decent progress. But there's no point in continuing as I can't progress onto the third & fourth adventure.

My first 40ish turns of the campaign were great though. The Thunderbarge is amazing & a huge improvement over the pre-existing mod. I'll try starting again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Soldato
Be interested to know who does autoresolve and who plays the battles? I think if I had more familiarity with the units and stuff I would have perhaps enjoyed playing the battles, but my knowledge of Warhammer is nothing compared to my 40K knowledge.

It's conflicting because on one hand I feel like I'm missing out on the big part of the game, but on the other sometimes it can be very slow and all that happens is I end up getting the same result or worse than if I auto resolved.

Soldato
Be interested to know who does autoresolve and who plays the battles? I think if I had more familiarity with the units and stuff I would have perhaps enjoyed playing the battles, but my knowledge of Warhammer is nothing compared to my 40K knowledge.

It's conflicting because on one hand I feel like I'm missing out on the big part of the game, but on the other sometimes it can be very slow and all that happens is I end up getting the same result or worse than if I auto resolved.

I auto resolve most minor settlement battles.

Or against wood elves....I suck against them no matter what race I use.

For me I enjoy the spectacle so try to use it as little as possible, also I feel I can run down more of the stragglers than auto.

Soldato
I auto resolve most minor settlement battles.

Or against wood elves....I suck against them no matter what race I use.

For me I enjoy the spectacle so try to use it as little as possible, also I feel I can run down more of the stragglers than auto.

I find that I need to be so zoomed out to see what's going on I never get the spectacle tbh.
I think I just suck at rts, noting I can pause it when I want.

Last edited:
Soldato
Autoresolve results & the balance of power slider don't represent reality on the lower difficulty settings. Often you will be told a battle is in your favour when even the best players in the world wouldn't stand a cat in hell's chance of winning the battle manually. This is because the game gives out significant Autoresolve bonuses on easier difficulty modes.

Just something to be aware of. You might find the game more enjoyable on Hard or Very Hard. If it's too difficult, there's a separate slider to grant battlefield bonuses without affecting the difficulty level.

Back
Top Bottom