Total War: Warhammer 3

Ok so sales on do I buy just Warhammer 3 for £24.99 (think it’s cheaper on cdkeys)

Or buy the trilogy for £42

Completely new to this, I presume the trilogy is best value for all the extra factions.

Edit/ cdkeys has trilogy for £26!

Last edited:
Ok so sales on do I buy just Warhammer 3 for £24.99 (think it’s cheaper on cdkeys)

Or buy the trilogy for £42

Completely new to this, I presume the trilogy is best value for all the extra factions.

Edit/ cdkeys has trilogy for £26!

I would recommend the trilogy; that's a lot of content for a small price. Then pick up the DLCs individually, if they appeal to you, once you have mastered the game mechanics.

For a nice introduction to Warhammer in the large Immortal Empires campaign, Arkhan the Black (Tomb Kings) is a worthy choice. He begins with a second lord recruitable, can recruit up to 5 local units per turn (+ global recruitment) and pays no recruitment or upkeep costs. In some of the campaigns, you really have to consider the cost impact of every unit purchased, whereas you can go warmongering with Arkhan and a double stack from the off.

The factions you encounter in the early game are also generally underpowered (Bretonnia, Tomb Kings and a minor Dwarf lord) and you can quickly build up a 15+ settlement empire by turns 20-30.

Last edited:
I had TW1+TW2+all 1&2DLC, now added TW3 and just the one DLC which was at 50%(Ogres), and now my install is sitting at 216GB, so there is that to consider. Though I don't suppose you really need 1 and 2 installed as well?

As others have said, definitely go for the trilogy.

I also recommend the new DLC Thrones Of Decay if you enjoy the game and once you get used to everything. One of the better DLCs they’ve released for a long time.

No, you don't need 1&2 installed to access their factions/lords.
Yes just checked, you appear to have access to all Quest Battles merged into TW3, but not the story campaigns from TW1&2.

So unless there is some mod to add the story campaigns I imagine you'd have to install the prior games and do the story campaigns, then uninstall and just use TW3 for the Immortal campaign, and all quest battles.

Last edited:
Warhammer 1 gives you.
DwarfsThorgrim Grudgebearer, Grombrindal, Thorek Ironbrow, Ungrim Ironfist
The EmpireEmperor Karl Franz, Balthasar Gelt
GreenskinsGrimgor Ironhide, Azhag the Slaughterer, Wurrzag Da Great Green Prophet
Vampire CountsMannfred von Carstein, Heinrich Kemmler, Vlad von Carstein, Isabella von Carstein

Warhammer 2 gives you.
Dark ElvesMalekith, Morathi, Lokhir Fellheart*, Rakarth*
LizardmenLord Mazdamundi, Kroq-Gar, Tiktaq’to*, Gor-Rok*
High ElvesTyrion, Teclis, Alith Anar*, Imrik*
SkavenQueek Headtaker, Lord Skrolk, Tretch Craventail*

If you see any of those factions/lords as selectable in Immortal Empires, then it means it's all working.

Just bought this in the sale.. Totally over my head and I've no idea what I'm doing.

I'm running through the tutorial campaign, I'm ok with the battles (Although took me 4 attempts to beat the first Khorne battle), but outside of battles I'm totally lost, I just keep upgrading buildings and randomly moving around the map, there are bad guys moving around the map that I don't seem to be able to attack who just keep pestering my champions and doing some sort of special moves on them

The tutorial is woefully inadequite.

Just bought this in the sale.. Totally over my head and I've no idea what I'm doing.

I'm running through the tutorial campaign, I'm ok with the battles (Although took me 4 attempts to beat the first Khorne battle), but outside of battles I'm totally lost, I just keep upgrading buildings and randomly moving around the map, there are bad guys moving around the map that I don't seem to be able to attack who just keep pestering my champions and doing some sort of special moves on them

The tutorial is woefully inadequite.
Have you played other TW games? The learning curve can be pretty steep, especially so with WH.

You might be seeing agents moving around the map - they can't be attacked with armies, but your agents can do actions against them like they're doing to you.

Anyone still crumping? I just moved from 2 to 3 thinking it would be worse but it's pretty good although much easier. The supply lines don't cripple you, melee units are viable and there is more money from buildings (for greenskins).

The new thrones of decay and chorfs are a bit op. Trolhammer gyros and the artillery pieces are nasty.

Anyone still crumping? I just moved from 2 to 3 thinking it would be worse but it's pretty good although much easier. The supply lines don't cripple you, melee units are viable and there is more money from buildings (for greenskins).

The new thrones of decay and chorfs are a bit op. Trolhammer gyros and the artillery pieces are nasty.
Im modding it, waiting for the next dlc [Khorne, Ogre Kingdoms and Greenskins] which will probably arrive in December. Patch between now and then.

3 was worse than 2. But it's probably the better game now. All it took was about a year of CA doing more than the absolute bear minimum.

3 was worse than 2. But it's probably the better game now. All it took was about a year of CA doing more than the absolute bear minimum.
Bear necessities :p I think you get used to the wh2 foibles and use the exploits. I don't think Ghorts zombies were as opposed in 2! Just spearmen and WoD.

Back
Top Bottom