Total War: Warhammer 3

Soldato
f8yme39bpkxb1.png

The Old World, a new custom campaign map from ChaosRobbie which is currently in beta.

Beta link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3047919903

I had a quick 10 minute go on this earlier and it is absolutely huge! Also, as a neat tip, if you grab the Mod Configuration Tool from the Steam Workshop you can switch out some of the WHII and WHIII factions for others from the same race.

Should hopefully breathe new life into the game.

Soldato
Mother ostankya...Jesus wept, playing as dark elves she is hard to beat, especially combined with the high elves joing in.

Could do with some stronger bad guy action around that area.

Soldato
New update

• Tear down those walls and bolster your own with the latest settlements and sieges battle update.
  • Mix things up on the fly with skill point resets.
  • Projectiles find their way with Homing 2.0.
  • Customize your main menu background with 19 additional themes.
  • Stand sturdy with a massive suite of bug fixes, race tweaks, UI improvements, and more!

Finally skill resets.
Was annoying having to rely on mods to fix a confederated lord who had all their points in useless skills.

Soldato

Dear Total War fans,

I’m Roger Collum, Vice President at Creative Assembly, and writing on behalf of our Total War leadership team.

It has been a difficult few months, and we recognize that we have made mistakes when it comes to our relationship with you all. It’s been a constant conversation internally on how we can get back to solid ground. What’s clear is that it won’t be easy and that it will take time and effort.

We see the confusion, the frustration, and the distrust of us across the community and honestly, it breaks our hearts. We make games to bring you joy, to inspire a love of history, of fantasy, and strategy games. Total War is our everything, we care about it as deeply as you. Recently, it’s clear that we have failed to demonstrate that in our actions.

We are sorry.

We cannot fix our issues overnight, but we will work towards a more transparent, and consistent relationship with you all.

Total War is a big and complex ship to steer, built on decades of knowledge, passion and technology. The slow and steady pace we’ve taken up till now has benefited us in the past, but today we see the need to react faster to help address the challenges that are ahead of us.

Soldato
I haven't played a TW game since the very first one. Is this the best one?

Yes and no.

Warhammer 3 has the greatest faction diversity & largest map of any Total War game to date. It also has an active modding community which continues to deliver outstanding content. But there's some game mechanic regression versus earlier titles in the series, and it has bugs and balance issues compared to its predecessor. Depending on who you ask, the best Total War game is likely one of Warhammer 3, Warhammer 2, Shogun 2, Medieval 2 or Rome 1.

It's also worth noting that the Warhammer series is very heavy on DLC. You're looking at ~£200 to buy everything (and that's via key sites).

There's now a Warhammer Trilogy pack. That would be my starting point for getting back into Total War.

Last edited:
Associate
I got the last DLC along with the chaos Dwarves on and still have yet to play either.

But seeing the trailer outlining the changes makes me want to play this again.

Soldato
Been half-heartedly playing a Cult of Sotek campaign, in between games.
The Skaven reappeared because of the end game event, so they're all over my main land and I just don't have the man power to take them all on.

Managed to catch 1 army alone, bog standard fight, not an ambush.
The Old One's must have been watching, because everything went perfect.

NG2uCGK.jpg

Had all my skinks hide in a patch of trees to the side of the battlefield and used my artillery to draw them into me.
A few spells and a suprise skink charge pretty much broke them before the fight even started.

Not sure I can be bothered to continue the campaign, since it's going to be 1 hell of an uphill battle, but that last fight was wonderful.

giphy.gif

Soldato
Oh yes, this reminds me. I need to try this again as once I discovered I didn't actually have to do the battles because there was an auto one, I appreciated it as a general strategy game.

Associate
Big changes at CA as of late. Will be interesting to see how WH3 ends up. So much unfulfilled promise seems to be slowly being made good. Baby steps, but, hopefully the game will end up as good as it should have been, if it had continued in WH2's footsteps.

Back
Top Bottom