Total War: Warhammer 3

I am a huge fan of the Total War series. The only part that I would not recommend to anyone is Three Kingdoms (factions are illegible, sea battles cannot be waged and there is still a lot to be blamed for this game).

I am also a fan of Warhammer and am happy with both parts (I and II). However, neither while playing Warhammer I have not heard about this "Chinese" faction, and besides, I am disgusted with the Three Kingdoms, which reminds me of this faction. However, I keep my fingers crossed, but somehow it does not suit me at all

I am a huge fan of the Total War series. The only part that I would not recommend to anyone is Three Kingdoms (factions are illegible, sea battles cannot be waged and there is still a lot to be blamed for this game).

I am also a fan of Warhammer and am happy with both parts (I and II). However, neither while playing Warhammer I have not heard about this "Chinese" faction, and besides, I am disgusted with the Three Kingdoms, which reminds me of this faction. However, I keep my fingers crossed, but somehow it does not suit me at all

They have been a part of the lore for a long long time I believe but have never had an army or anything.

Shame there is no naval combat, hopefully when they get around to re doing Warhammer in the future we get naval units as well

Wait they locked factions in the third game behind owning the previous two? Holy crap that is some evil genius p*** take tactics!

They do some real corporate forced micro transaction BS. Following an update they hid units behind a dlc paywall. Had an old save where I could build the units, newer save paywall locked. No way to edit other than buy a dlc.

The game is good but strong arm anti consumer moves like that make you weary of what's coming

The game is good but strong arm anti consumer moves like that make you weary of what's coming

Seems more like an anti-cheat move that stops you building units without paying for dlc. You can still use units that you don't pay for when you confederate a faction that has them. If you want Warhammer to be continued to be supported then you need to pay CA money. They already give you free LL's and units but you aren't satisfied with that?

?
Not sure if you've never played the game and straight trolling or just overestimated what you think you know. Hope you feel better soon

?Not sure if you've never played the game and straight trolling or just overestimated what you think you know. Hope you feel better soon

I play it all the time.

The dlc policy is entirely fair.

The only locked faction for game 3 would be Ogre Kingdoms if you don't pre-order it and even then I expect them to become available to everyone after some time.

If you played it you should know, by way of core updates on the base game, they stopped you confederating certain clans that you previously could. Ergo playing units behind a strict paywall.

Removing something previously available in the base game, then forcing you to pay for it again, is by any stretch anti consumer.

No clue what you're talking about with "anti cheat" and "support CA".

If you played it you should know, by way of core updates on the base game, they stopped you confederating certain clans that you previously could. Ergo playing units behind a strict paywall.

If you own most/all of the DLC, you could play thousands of hours without knowing about this. It's far more obvious if you don't own any of the DLC, and a regular complaint of new players running an Eataine campaign.

I'm not sure the rest is true though? You've never been able to directly confederate DLC factions, except before the DLC (and therefore the unique content) was added to that faction. However, you can indirectly confederate them. So for example, Eataine can't confederate Avelorn or Yvresse. But it can confederate Nagarythe. And Nagarythe can confederate Avelorn and Yvresse. So you can gain the legendary lords and unique units this way.

So as far as I can tell, they've only removed the ability to confederate former minor factions. On the other hand, consider what they've added to the game:
  • 16 paid DLC packs which were added to the game for the AI to use, whether you buy the content or not. This, in turn, has improved even the base-game experience dramatically versus launch.
  • 22 pieces of free DLC, including new factions, Legendary Lords and unique units.
  • The ability to carry DLC forward between games.
  • A new campaign mode for owners of both WHI and WHII.
  • Faction reworks and overhauls to ensure older factions remain relevant.
  • Almost four years of bug fixes and balancing tweaks.
Imagine getting this volume of free content in a game from EA or Activision :p But yeah, they're clearly anti-consumer because they haven't given your entitled ass access to all of the DLC for free :rolleyes:

I'd wager the reason for WHII's lengthy support is because CA got the paid content balance right. DLC is appropriately priced and compelling, therefore it sells well, and in turn it's profitable to make more. Compare that to Three Kingdoms and Troy, both of which saw support end abruptly <18 months following release...

Last edited:
watch the whole video, so many quality of life changes and new features. The chaos realms looks beautiful and if I heard it right, an 8 player campaign with simultaneous turns.

customisable daemon prince feature is so cool, hopefully can be introduced to other lords.

Last edited:
do they finally add AI? like in the old Total War games you could assign some of your troops in the battle to defend or attack a point or let the AI finish of the enemy for you.

whys Total warhammer so micro management.

didn't the range units only fire on units that walk into their cone as well rather than turning by themselves to shoot something that comes near?

whys Total warhammer so micro management.

Im guessing because it is a strategy game, no different from Starcraft or any other game like that. Auto-resolve and End Game button is probably the biggest reason not to dedicate resoruces for AI control.

Anyway Warhammer 3 had an AI Control mod so I suspect it will be imported into Warhammer 3.

Range units do fire on units that walk into their cone.

Im guessing because it is a strategy game, no different from Starcraft or any other game like that. Auto-resolve and End Game button is probably the biggest reason not to dedicate resoruces for AI control.
the non warhammer total war games let you hand off troops to the AI though in guard/attack mode it's just removed for some unknown reason from the total war series.

I think even the total war battle arena online only game even had AI you could turn on
Range units do fire on units that walk into their cone.
yea but you'd think they would be smart enough to turn and fire on others that are in range just not in the cone.

they are supposed to be troops with brains, in real life you don't micro manage so much you have people in each group being the leader of that group under your command.

it kinda makes sense units should have some form of AI and not be brick dumb.

I see someone modded it back in though for warhammer 2

Back
Top Bottom