Total War: Warhammer 3

He showed both his Warhammer 2 and his Warhammer 3 steam page with the hours displayed, live on stream. He's been a tester for Warhammer 3 ever since the first stage of testing. Now of course, the 13,000 warhammer 2 time on his steam page isnt proof that he played 13,000 hours of the game, who knows, he could have simply left his pc on running warhammer 2 nonstop whilst he slept each night etc. Of course he is also a twitch streamer who exclusively streams Total Warhammer every day as his main source of income so I imagine he probably does indeed stream at least 8 hours a day, every day of TW2 (or did prior to TW3)
Impressive figures nevertheless. I can't imagine ever racking up that many hours on any game.

I have a mate that does much the same, especially with working from home, he had the game open constantly. Even if we were playing Vermintide, he’d have the game open on another screen. Now obviously he’s not actively playing, but there’s definitely a big thing around purposely inflating your hours on Total War games.

I take it there's no way to link the version of W3 on game pass to existing versions (W1/W2) on Steam?

No, in order to do the combined map campaigns all the titles have to be on the same store. However MS are doing what they can to add W1 and W2 to gamepass before the combined campaign for W3 releases.

No, in order to do the combined map campaigns all the titles have to be on the same store. However MS are doing what they can to add W1 and W2 to gamepass before the combined campaign for W3 releases.

Ahh sweet. No worries. I'm happy to get it for steam like the first 2, but I'm only really interested in the ME game mode and I've got too many games to get through, so I'll sit tight for the time being and see what happens with regards to gamepass

warhammer-3.jpg

Woah performance seems dire.

warhammer-3.jpg

Woah performance seems dire.

Wish I knew what settings Cohhcarnage played it on, I watched his stream on it and the game looked great but I remember thinking that the thing which most impressed me was how super smooth everything was. Certainly didnt seem anywhere near as low as 38fps on his stream. I'll rewatch his stream now and see if he covers his graphics settings at the start

EDIT : ah, he isnt in 4k, thats probably why it runs so well on his stream

Last edited:
I'm going to pass on this for a while. Performance seems atrocious from all the reports I've seen. Mixed reviews on steam because of it.

I'm going to pass on this for a while. Performance seems atrocious from all the reports I've seen.

Which is really weird because every streamer that I've watched playing it this week has had it running fine, as I say I even was surprised at how smoothly it was running on Cohhcarnages stream.

Anyway, the game is out now and I am just about to start it up and try it out, so I will be able to give first hand experience of whether the performance is cack or not

Which is really weird because every streamer that I've watched playing it this week has had it running fine, as I say I even was surprised at how smoothly it was running on Cohhcarnages stream.

Anyway, the game is out now and I am just about to start it up and try it out, so I will be able to give first hand experience of whether the performance is cack or not
Don't most streamers game at 1080p but with top end rigs? Plus I would never believe a word they say when they are given early access and paid to stream on top of it.

Don't most streamers game at 1080p but with top end rigs? Plus I would never believe a word they say when they are given early access and paid to stream on top of it.

They arent all paid for example, Cohh was initially but played on beyond his paid hours, JP wasnt, nor was Spiffin, on top of that Cohh has been paid for a few other titles and has criticised those titles when appropriate, dont lumber all streamers with the same attitudes, some streamers do have more integrity but yes many game at 1080 or 1440. But thats fine, I am at 1440 and frankly I dont give two bags of **** if it runs crap at 4k because I dont play at 4k :D

They arent all paid for example, Cohh isnt, nor was JP, nor was Spiffin, but yes many game at 1080 or 1440. But thats fine, I am at 1440 and frankly I dont give two bags of **** if it runs crap at 4k because I dont play at 4k :D
Reports are not looking good even for 1440p unless you got a top end rig. Let us know how it goes.

Reports are not looking good even for 1440p unless you got a top end rig. Let us know how it goes.

Not sure if mine counts as a top end rig or not, its a AMD 3700X , 32gb ram, Nvidia 1080. I guessing most of us on a site called Overclockers probably have at least reasonable rigs though ;)

Just waiting for it to unpack and then I will dive in and see

Just doing the Prologue, have set everything to Ultra and TAA on high, getting between 34 and 36fps on the campaign map, though obviously fps on that is pretty irrelevant really as you dont notice it at all. Will update this post once I get into the first fight with the performance in combat, which is obviously where the fps will count

Edit : its about the same in battle, around the 35fps mark for me. I see now though why it seemed so smooth on the streams because it simply doesnt feel like 35fps, feels like way more. Truth be told, if I didnt have the fps showing and based it entirely upon how it felt, it feels much higher than that. Definitely feels far smoother than Warhammer 2 did.

Last edited:
Can't stand that guy.

I think I'll wait myself. It's been an expensive couple of months for gaming and Elden Ring is so close!

Buy them all ! Come on, embrace your inner gamer :D

Or alternatively of course, just play it on gamepass for free (essentially)

Last edited:
Ok, so first 2 hours played...overall, its more of the same as it were. If you enjoyed TW1 and TW2 then this will probably be for you too. Runs fine for me and although the fps doesnt show as being very high I cant say that I really noticed it when actually playing, didnt feel laggy or sluggish, actually felt smooth even in battles and sieges. UI is more of the same, graphics/sfx etc are more of the same. I didnt have any technical issues, no crashes, no glitches, no bugs, so thats promising.

Cant say that I felt terribly invested in the campaign but I think thats probably because I'm not all that interested in the campaign, its the combined map campaign that I'm most interested in, whenever that comes along. I'd say that if your interest is in the combined campaign then you can safely hold off getting the game until then. Having said that, its on Gamepass anyway so why not dip in. Havent tried multiplayer yet but will be beginning a multiplayer campaign this weekend. At the very least the "normal" campaign can tide me over until the inevitable disappointment I get when Elden Ring comes out and ends up being another big name title that flops :D

Are there issues with the mp?
Aye, unfortunately. It takes about 10 to 30 attempts to join a game. If you don't join it usually just spits back and error saying "No connection to host". If you do manage to join you can play anything from 1 to 10 turns then it desync's and you're back to square one.

Back
Top Bottom