Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

Soldato
:) Yeah appreciate it is bespoke in many area's, still looks like a little dumpy city car :p:D

I've order before without a test drive (RS) feeling I need to try one first this time, see If I connect with it.
For sure some of the appeal is it shouldn't be as fragile as some hot hatches, Toyota reliability and warranty, with the ability to take some heavy use without issues.

I guess if you are inclined to go down the modify route, assuming limited slip diff's could be bought and fitted the base or convenience pack would make more sense. Re Litchfield already suggestion to replace the suspension on Circuit pack. There will be brake kits for sure and wheels aplenty.
The thought of a Convenience pack version did cross my mind because it will be much rarer I guess, then add the LSD as a mod.

Value wise, I think they will depreciate, 10K in 2-3 years. I'd also expect there to be plenty used for sale. As many will be bought because they are the hot choice and publicity, then people find out it's not the car for them. Similar happened with the RS, that settles down with time and values recover.

Roll on lifting of the lock down for test drives.....

Associate
You can order now with a £250 deposit then cancel right up until it is delivered if you want.

Otherwise you will wait months to test drive. Then the additional months if you decide to order one.

Soldato
Done it :D ...... Cancelled order, due June (subject to test drive after lock down etc)

The way Toyota seems to be dealing with orders is a bit crappy. My order was put in around a month before yours and I'm being told end of September, early October for mine. I would have thought earlier orders should have been pushed up to fill any cancellations, but they don't seem to be doing that. When I spoke to the salesman after placing my order, he also mentioned a couple of cases of people essentially getting much higher up the list than might have been expected given their time of order. Seems to be a bit of pot luck on when you order and if there has been any cancellations. Out of interest was it a Circuit Pack car you ordered?

Soldato
Not really, its only a £250 refundable reservation fee, you can cancel pretty much whenever you want. I guess my point is that Toyota seem to be opening up cancellations for new orders rather than moving pre-existing order up the list. Maybe the logistics of moving order is too difficult. I did briefly consider changing colour but was told it would be November until I got the car, which suggests that they probably need to cancel and re-order the car rather than just change colour on the existing order.

Soldato
I don't think it's Toyota, it's how the dealer handles it. I went only to the dealer. It's also depends on the colour you order, the only 2 other orders of my colour, black, were already earlier than June, so I was at the back of the queue for a black one. I guess the dealers don't cancel orders with Toyota and lose the slot, they reassign them etc. They did check to see if any black orders could be moved up first.

Soldato
Prefer a bit more hi tech on a modern car, switch can’t be that hidden as you need to get to and use it... neither would it stop them hooking into the CANBUS and hacking with a laptop. I think a visible mechanical deterrent and an electron system that blocks and knocks out all the systems, with keyless turned off.

Test drive is “booked” for start of March, after expected end of lock down.

Back
Top Bottom