Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

OcUK Staff
OP
I take it unlike the the pre facelift these come with mechanical diffs as standard?

44,250 does seem a lot. 10+k uplift in pricing compared to 3 years ago does seem a bit mental though.

It might be more yet, we paid £33,500 for ours and on 0% too. The car also came on the BBS alloys and as such there was no optional extras.

The MK2 the BBS alloys are no longer standard and are a 2k option, the JBL infotainment though can now be optioned and is around £1200 with grey paint around £800. Unless the UK cars are going to be fully loaded and the only options like last time, essentially pick a colour, if this is the case then I don't think the price is that bad, a 10k increase pretty much in line with inflation and one would hope the improvements can easily be felt behind the wheel to make it worthwhile, jury out on that one though.

All in most are going to be 47k with options, some near 50k, so its a circa 15k price increase.

If I get invited to buy one, we probably will still do so.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

It is a good source I am informed for £44,250 gets you a fully loaded car, so includes the BBS wheels etc.
As per last time UK will go for efficiency and as such the only options shall be transmission and colour.

So a grey manual car will come at £45,170 which is what I shall go for if get drawn from the ballot. As to what it will have exactly is a little unknown but it will have the BBS wheels, along with wireless Apple Car Play, but unsure if UK cars get JBL or not, I just see six speakers which I know the stock stereo has, 2 door speakers, 2 rear speakers and 2 tweeters, so guessing UK cars won't get JBL.

I guess it is down to the UK market been one of their best and as such they have to streamline the process a bit more by not allowing too many options, so in short we get to pick colour along with transmission.

Soldato
Looks like Ecutek are making solid progress on the RaceRom stuff

I hope the new model isn't as difficult to break into ! :D

Soldato
I am tempted to sell my Mk1. Hardly used it 72 plate done 2k miles. Just haven't had the time to complete the mid life crisis.

Does look like i will pretty much be able to get what i paid for it.

OcUK Staff
OP
I am tempted to sell my Mk1. Hardly used it 72 plate done 2k miles. Just haven't had the time to complete the mid life crisis.

Does look like i will pretty much be able to get what i paid for it.

Contrary to dreamers I only see the MK2 helping MK1 values but as with any car if you can get out of it for what you paid, you might as well do so, you got to enjoy those 2000 miles and it was pretty much free motoring.

Once MK2 hits, the shortages set in and people start asking overs the demand for MK1 will increase and the values will remain strong this year, but I suspect once MK2 supply improves and they start depreciate that is when MK1 values will be hit harder.

Done nearly 19,000 miles in ours and it is now over 3 years old, if I was to sell it today I'd expect 26-27k for it, WBAC offers hover around 25k. So in all fairness in over three years it has only depreciated by around 20-25% and has cost little to nothing to run. Great little car!

Soldato
WBAC are offering £29k for mine but most seem to be selling for £32k ish. I don't want to sell it. Did a couple of trackdays last year but nowhere near the number i wanted too.

Soldato
Just FYI, if anyone took out a service plan for your GR (on recommendation through this thread) check who it is with. Toyota don't warrant a service plan themselves. When you sign up for the service plan through Toyota, they ask for your local dealer. The service plan is then setup with them (and whoever they choose to use to warrant their service plans). Most of Toyota use EMAC, some use Plan My Service LLP, who went into receivership in 2022. Chances are your Direct Debits will still be taken too.

Soldato
Got this today

embed

Soldato
Interesting it says available exclusively to current owners and people who joined the waitlist before closure... but not necessarily people who bought the previous model and have since sold it on?

OcUK Staff
OP
Interesting it says available exclusively to current owners and people who joined the waitlist before closure... but not necessarily people who bought the previous model and have since sold it on?

Yep had the same email today, shall be entering my name for the ballot next month and then see if we get one. :)

Soldato
depends on numbers and how limited they are.

From what has been implied it sounds like numbers available will be much much lower than demand.

The price point will price many out. £33k on 0% PCP was achievable for many. £45k or £60k at 9 ish % will not be.

Last edited:
Soldato

The small print at the bottom says this as well:

For existing GR Yaris customers to be eligible to enter the New GR Yaris purchasing ballot, customers will need to be contactable via email by Toyota (GB) PLC and must have owned their GR Yaris for more than a year at the date of this email.

Caporegime
depends on numbers and how limited they are.

From what has been implied it sounds like numbers available will be much much lower than demand.

The price point will price many out. £33k on 0% PCP was achievable for many. £45k or £60k at 9 ish % will not be.

That is what they want you to believe. There will be a vast chunk of people who will take the email hook line and sinker. Order and pay the deposit then cancel once it comes because they realise the finance is just not going to happen.

Only 4-500 GR86's came in the second batch and by November there were brand new delivery mileage cars at dealer for 2k under list price. That was on a car 10K cheaper than this Yaris. They even had unregistered cars available for 24 reg in March.

By all means if you really want one then go ahead and get one but from previous experience of the GR86 I would wait until the last deliveries have taken place then wait for dealers trying to sell them and save yourself a few thousand.

Soldato
I had Toyota contacting me late November last year asking if I wanted to buy someones cancelled order for the current GRY, so they'll be attainable you might just have to wait.

Soldato
That is what they want you to believe. There will be a vast chunk of people who will take the email hook line and sinker. Order and pay the deposit then cancel once it comes because they realise the finance is just not going to happen.

Only 4-500 GR86's came in the second batch and by November there were brand new delivery mileage cars at dealer for 2k under list price. That was on a car 10K cheaper than this Yaris. They even had unregistered cars available for 24 reg in March.

By all means if you really want one then go ahead and get one but from previous experience of the GR86 I would wait until the last deliveries have taken place then wait for dealers trying to sell them and save yourself a few thousand.
I agree..

also the world is very different to what it was when the OG GR came out.

They're trying to make sure there's a big FOMO going out but I don't think it'll sell as well as the original did.

Back
Top Bottom