Toyota Yaris GR4 4x4 Rally going into production.....

OcUK Staff
OP
They will sell maybe a 1000-1500 tops and these will hold values like a rock. In 3-4 years time when you come to move on you will have lost very little.

If I had 46k to spare I would get one in a heartbeat. This is like buying the special Porches for the middle classes that are actually accessible. You will lose very little over a 3-4 period in depreciation and get to enjoy a brand new car with warranty etc.

If you view it like a lease and the capital to put up front it is a no brainer. Hell even if you were to keep it long term it will always be a special car anyway.

When I ordered my GR86 on the 26 June it was on my driveway by the 9th of September so Toyota do not mess around getting cars shipped over. Although mine was built in a Subaru factory anyway!

If the Oglier special edition did not have matt paint, I'd have put my name down for one of those and paid the 60k, but as the intention is to keep it I absolutely hate matt paint cars and our Yaris gets bird poo on often as it lives outside, so I requested a regular grey manual, feel very fortunate to have gotten one. A shame as the Oglier had some nice extras and will be mega scarce.

When I spoke to Toyota yesterday I was the 24th person to finalise their order, no idea what the volume truly is this year but the rumour I am hearing is for 2024:
200ish regular cars mixed between Auto/Manual
5pc of each special edition, but maybe as little as 2-3pc.

Toyota have done it the best way, Porsche could learn from this they only invited those to order who I believe still had their GR Yaris or had kept the car for a minimum amount of time, then they put the names in a hat and drew them out at random from all those who enter which was well over 1000 I believe.

Yes its silly money for a Yaris but the first car was a steal at 33k at 0% and was a true sensation, there is no better drivers road hot/hyper hatch, maybe the Civic is the only contender and a better track car IMHO but as a road car the original GR Yaris was great.

If MK2 is 10% better, then great as I think with inflation put the MK1 around 41k, so essence its like 4-5k extra for a MK2.

We shall drive ours and use it as a daily, whatever it is worth in a few years will be whatever, Toyota seem to be putting the regular MK2 cars at around 29-30k GFV in 2-3yr time. :)

Back
Top Bottom