Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
It's a really really hard call.

Generally I'm not usually completely 50:50 on things like this. But this is one.
Rational part of me thinks this is crazy and even putin isn't this crazy. On other hand. The west looks weak. Very very weak.

Bit of willy waving to me. I think Putin is testing the West to see what our reaction would be. If we act as weak as he thinks we look then he may go for it.

Soldato
Goodyear just took a massive dive. Stuck them on my "unsure" watchlist.

My portfolio has took another nasty dip after some weak signs of recovery the last couple of weeks.

Caporegime
did you guys check evraz lol.... hope no one actually bought it after someone mentioned the stock :D
at least my message said it's probably one to watch and buy if the war does actually kick off, so no one can blame me :p
JKbd7VM.jpg

Roman Abromavich owns 29% of the company according to an article I saw on google

not sure if that's good or bad, maybe he sold it all lol :D

ahh there's another Russian mining company london listed too
Polymetal International

it mines Gold, silver and copper in Russia but it's shares haven't tanked like Evraz, so I wonder what's going on

Last edited:
Caporegime
did you guys check evraz lol.... hope no one actually bought it after someone mentioned the stock :D
at least my message said it's probably one to watch and buy if the war does actually kick off, so no one can blame me :p
JKbd7VM.jpg

Roman Abromavich owns 29% of the company according to an article I saw on google

not sure if that's good or bad, maybe he sold it all lol :D

Polymetal International

it mines Gold, silver and copper in Russia but it's shares haven't tanked like Evraz, so I wonder what's going on

I did not buy. Too much risk. All week things have been escalating. Its still (for me) one to watch. As if things do quieten down it would be a good one.

But.. Putin.

Interesting if the other one operating in Russia hasn't tanked.

Soldato
Polymetal International

Probably related to the pending corporate action flagged on it. Or it's just particularly exposed to Ukraine.

Soldato
It's that time of the month for me to do my monthly investment in my pie, but I'm wondering if it's better waiting for Russia to invade and just put double in next month to get a better deal ?

Soldato
Polymetal International

Got to look at the wider context, two different tides here since gold is bullish right now. I hope it breaks out and really becomes noticeable but the best clues come from the lowest prices not the peaks or froth.

Apparently oil can pull back some though I realize for anyone paying their latest energy bill it wont feel much like it.

POLY is now about the same low as initial flu breakout lockdown sell off and so on. Shell more then doubled, both pay a nice dividend which they can support afaik. Its partly why I think FTSE is ok to own in a simple way, dont think Im wrong who knows.

China is the largest driver of gold I think, largest producer doesnt export and largest buyer since they previously owned none and its not a small nation. Russia and China will continue to have free trade on oil and gold no matter what occurs.
In theory ownership doesn't disappear easily, Venezuela seized oil companies and had to arbitrate that action as part of their place in global trade agreements etc. (Rosneft gave up their assets there btw, the largest oil reserve in the world it is)

Soldato
Not sure where to ask but looking for a little bit of advice/opinion.

Well I'm 37, due to previous employment i had some share options which turned into Zynga shares (yes Farmville Zynga) back in 2014, they all vested years ago but I sat on the as yes having a extra 10k in the bank would be nice but it wouldn't be enough for my gaols (help buy a house).

If you are not aware it was announced that Take 2 is going to buy Zynga, for $3.50 in cash per share on top of $6.36. or roughly $9.86 per share in total value

https://www.reuters.com/markets/dea...a-an-enterprise-value-127-billion-2022-01-10/

The current share price spiked on the news and is now hovering around the $9.10 mark, not a million miles away from the take over price if it goes through.

My question is I wonder am I better off cashing in soon and not bothering to wait for takeover.

I say this as if its anything like when Zynga brought my past employer (NatualMotion) The Zynga shares that turn into take 2 share will likely be restricted in stages and so I can't just sell up to help pay for a house/house deposit and to be honest I don't think there is the scope for Take 2 share to grow to much if at all.

I'll be interested to hear people opinions

Caporegime
Evraz.

So the fall for evraz is not a fall. Its just being misrepresented everywhere.

It's a demerger.

This means that dividend yield is nonsense at this time and its in effect barely moved at all.

I can't believe basically every news outlet has it wrong!

Back
Top Bottom