Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Assuming Model S/X then that is Porsche money but 3/Y are not.

Oh yeah, I'm tlaking 80k plus proper performance Tesla, not the cheap everyman version lol..
But realistic EV purchase for me would be something like the Aptera, but the advantage I have is my commute to work is less than 4 miles, so an electric scooter would be more likely :D

Caporegime
Just closed my 3x think it's run its course.
And weirdly it is only open in UK time. So keeping it open past 1630 means I'm locked in while the US market is in session!

I pushed my luck leaving it open last night. But happy with the return

Soldato
Just closed my 3x think it's run its course.
And weirdly it is only open in UK time. So keeping it open past 1630 means I'm locked in while the US market is in session!

I pushed my luck leaving it open last night. But happy with the return
It's an exchange traded product, so the opening times of the exchange it's on apply.

Caporegime
It's an exchange traded product, so the opening times of the exchange it's on apply.

It makes it risky opening too long. Get the advantage of seeing. Eastern markets and being able to buy in with that info. But you get the flip side on the other end!

It made 40pc so I decided not to get greedy

Unfortunately I only committed 450gbp to it. But I don't want to risk any more on these higher risk trades in shares which can jump/fall 10 percent easily in a session

Soldato
Stop losses kicking in one by one over the last 2 weeks.

I don't think I'll own any stocks by month end at this rate
Why have stop losses? With the volatility in the markets right now, you're just automating losses.

I'd just stick to DCA buys....don't care whether they go up or down short term, just accumulate.

At least you've been timing that 3x TSLA well :D

Caporegime
Why have stop losses? With the volatility in the markets right now, you're just automating losses.

I'd just stick to DCA buys....don't care whether they go up or down short term, just accumulate.

At least you've been timing that 3x TSLA well :D

Because the losses are substantial and I have a loss limit I'm willing to take. I guess Ive been caught out be holing on to my "long term stocks" when I should have exited when I first thought about it.

If Russia hints more at turning off the gas I can see stocks in general just tanking.

Unfortunately the 3xs are not high enough to even counter the wider falls ive had!

All the time I've put into research etc since covid I think I'm probably nearly flat now. So if I had done nothing I'd be no better or worse off!

Slightly demoralising! :D

Soldato
Because the losses are substantial and I have a loss limit I'm willing to take. I guess Ive been caught out be holing on to my "long term stocks" when I should have exited when I first thought about it.

If Russia hints more at turning off the gas I can see stocks in general just tanking.

Unfortunately the 3xs are not high enough to even counter the wider falls ive had!

All the time I've put into research etc since covid I think I'm probably nearly flat now. So if I had done nothing I'd be no better or worse off!

Slightly demoralising! :D
With a stop loss though, you're ensuring that you liquidate your position at the worst possible moment.

If you aren't confident in a position, and can't afford to hold through a major downturn, then liquidate it and exit when the market's going through an upswing at least.

Like that TSLA short I had! Stupid trade, went to -60%.....so waited for the next downturn and exited at -20% ish.

Caporegime
With a stop loss though, you're ensuring that you liquidate your position at the worst possible moment.

If you aren't confident in a position, and can't afford to hold through a major downturn, then liquidate it and exit when the market's going through an upswing at least.

Like that TSLA short I had! Stupid trade, went to -60%.....so waited for the next downturn and exited at -20% ish.

Makes sense. The approach I have been taken is probably something 'emotional'

Typical as I save up enough money to actually get going with trading the **** hits the fan and takes "investing" with it

Soldato
Makes sense. The approach I have been taken is probably something 'emotional'

Typical as I save up enough money to actually get going with trading the **** hits the fan and takes "investing" with it

If you're not old then just invest and forget. The peaks and troughs even out over the long term. Compound any returns and even small sums will add up. IMO trying to time the market is a mugs game.

Even if it takes years stocks will (usually) always recover if the underlying business is sound aka if your not invested in meme stocks. Selling low and buying high are all the hallmarks of panicky investing.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Did anyone dip into Rolls Royce yesterday? Managed to buy a good chunk of shares down at 88p. Felt like an absolute bargain.

I know they will face some challenges on their supply chain due to what's going on but I think it'll recover pretty well at a steady rate.
82.1p if anyone wants to risk it :p

seems like it's on a downwards trajectory but might spike back up a bit next week who knows...

I guess todays drop is because of the heathrow strike talk? which would seem kinda weird since it's just one airport in the world.

Soldato
82.1p if anyone wants to risk it :p

seems like it's on a downwards trajectory but might spike back up a bit next week who knows...

I guess todays drop is because of the heathrow strike talk? which would seem kinda weird since it's just one airport in the world.

Rising interest rates are pretty bad for them with their huge debt mountain.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
If you're not old then just invest and forget. The peaks and troughs even out over the long term. Compound any returns and even small sums will add up. IMO trying to time the market is a mugs game.

Even if it takes years stocks will (usually) always recover if the underlying business is sound aka if your not invested in meme stocks. Selling low and buying high are all the hallmarks of panicky investing.

and US stocks will often recover faster and higher than UK stocks.

Soldato
Anything stocks wise is at least a 5-10 year window surely?
I only cashed my stuff out because I needed the money at the time, I'll be dipping back into the same stocks from the start of next year..

Soldato
That's an emotional response. Just keep buying. Have a plan. Make it long term. I'm down about 17% this year over the portfolio YTD and that's because I have been DCAing the way to reduce my entry costs. Just balance it out and keep investing for the future.

This is the way.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Aptera is not coming to the UK for a while.

Tesla is overvalued in terms of manufacture, however the Gospel of Elon has turned it into a Brand and duped lots of people into it so its worth something from that point of view.

My only automotive venture is Lucid, I sold the lot at Christmas and made a nice turnaround but this has all been eaten away + Extra due to EZJ and RR. But have been buying Lucid every month now since April.

Soldato
I've been waiting quite a long time for a merger (with GGPI) and the introduction of the polestar stock(PSNY), i've not bothered with Tesla, it's just sop overvalued because of Elon, it's got another crash in it yet, especially with the way Elo treats the market.

PSNY has some great things going for it compared to every other EV maker excluding Tesla.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
A few major kinks for them to Iron out in the support network but they have been on my watchlist for a while, totally forgot about them tbh.

Soldato
Trading 212 playing up for anyone else? Been trying to deposit for my monthly buys today and none of the usual methods are working...ended up sending a BACS transfer. Be annoyed if I miss a bounce because of it!

Back
Top Bottom