Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Yeah, I started with SDRY in the 2000s before all the high street shops and they was still trying to get their stocks into boutique designer stores.
When off them, when the logo was plasted all over the place but I still have quite a lot of gear with minimal branding, in fact I should have some draw string pants coming today.

I think it's just the cycle of high street fashion, 20 years is a good innings... I had to explain to my neice a few weeks back how GAP was the store back in the 90s and I'm sure another company will come along to replace super dry... possible UNIQLO if they not already replaced them.

Have to agree with that. When the logo was huge I didn't get any of that.

Just bought a parka from superdry as it was mango coloured.

Last edited:
I really like super dry stuff.
Its one of the only brands that puts colour into its mens products. And I've always liked the quality.

Seems to be all about north face now for men.

Yeah but you don't wear mens clothes :p

Weird to see them doing so badly. Everywhere you look you see Superdry hoodies. Although i guess i'm not exactly fashion conscious :p

Yeah but you don't wear mens clothes :p

Weird to see them doing so badly. Everywhere you look you see Superdry hoodies. Although i guess i'm not exactly fashion conscious :p

Only sometimes! :D

I have a man's and a woman's coat!
I actually prefer the womans one though!

Last edited:
Yeah, I started with SDRY in the 2000s before all the high street shops and they was still trying to get their stocks into boutique designer stores.
When off them, when the logo was plasted all over the place but I still have quite a lot of gear with minimal branding, in fact I should have some draw string pants coming today.

I think it's just the cycle of high street fashion, 20 years is a good innings... I had to explain to my neice a few weeks back how GAP was the store back in the 90s and I'm sure another company will come along to replace super dry... possible UNIQLO if they not already replaced them.
Any brand that relies on slapping an enormous logo on everything they sell is doomed to expire.

Best bet is hang on to the trademark long enough to revive it in a couple of decades.

TNF is dismantling their reputation for technical gear to chase fashion, I'm sure they'll make a lot of money short term but they'll have their comeuppance sooner or later.

Any brand that relies on slapping an enormous logo on everything they sell is doomed to expire.

Best bet is hang on to the trademark long enough to revive it in a couple of decades.

TNF is dismantling their reputation for technical gear to chase fashion, I'm sure they'll make a lot of money short term but they'll have their comeuppance sooner or later.
Yub... I have a load of TNF gear that I can't wear at the moment as I don't want to be associated with the "YOOT" roadmen... lol

It's a marketing direction that they have decided to take... either sell one techinical gear clothing to a middle age man/hiker/mountin climber or sell loads of trackies and hoodies to the yoot. It's crazy that the price difference between the techincal gear and the street fashion isn't that different.

I'm not happy about it.

I have some TNF stuff and I won't be buying any more.
Its hard for it not to come up in searches now.

Was out in Cardiff on Saturday and I couldn't believe the amount of TNF coats on woman and men.

Mainly the puffers with black shoulders and coloured bottom.
Shame as I quite liked the style/colours.
Will move more towards rab and others now.

I'd say within the space of 6 months it's become THE brand

On flip side.. I can probably sell any of it I already have easily.

Last edited:
after 2 years im not far of breaking even with vanguard LS
thinking of taking it out, its been dissapointing for me
Bonds just had their worst time in like 200 years or something so you literally picked the worst time to invest in bonds in 2 centuries. The outlook isn't nearly as bad as it was 2 years ago for bonds now interest rates have peaked.

Yub... I have a load of TNF gear that I can't wear at the moment as I don't want to be associated with the "YOOT" roadmen... lol

It's a marketing direction that they have decided to take... either sell one techinical gear clothing to a middle age man/hiker/mountin climber or sell loads of trackies and hoodies to the yoot. It's crazy that the price difference between the techincal gear and the street fashion isn't that different.

Yeah, Berghaus is another. I generally just use the approach that if it's available in Foot Asylum/JD Sports i don't want it :p

I really like super dry stuff.
Its one of the only brands that puts colour into its mens products. And I've always liked the quality.

Seems to be all about north face now for men.
I can't stand their huge logo's, the problem with Super Dry is they attract a very small market, when you first start work they are just a bit too expensive, then you hit a certain age and you look ridiculous. Also to add if you are from a certain affluent area it would be far too chavy

I can't stand their huge logo's, the problem with Super Dry is they attract a very small market, when you first start work they are just a bit too expensive, then you hit a certain age and you look ridiculous. Also to add if you are from a certain affluent area it would be far too chavy
Ah I've never really been like that.
I wear it because I like it. I'm not really one for how its judged by others.

I don't like the huge logos. I don't buy those.

My jacket has a badge on the arm and a small. Bit of superdry print on the back.

Price does fall right in the middle. Above tat. But not into the premium space.

Last edited:
Ah I've never really been like that.
I wear it because I like it. I'm not really one for how its judged by others.

I don't like the huge logos. I don't buy those.

My jacket has a badge on the arm and a small. Bit of superdry print on the back.

Price does fall right in the middle. Above tat. But not into the premium space.
I agree, I too buy what I like and I don't care what others think, the problem is there are a lot of people opposite to that and when sales are not great. For me personally, wearing Superdry with a huge logo is like wearing those awful EA7 tops and bottoms

after 2 years im not far of breaking even with vanguard LS
thinking of taking it out, its been dissapointing for me
Dude you purchased them in a bull market when prices would be high, did you average into it this year in the bear market to lower the average cost?

To me it sounds like you planted a tree ago years ago and it’s the first time it’s looking like it’s going to fruit and your considering digging it out.

Been an amazing couple of weeks. I'm expecting great things next year with interest rates dropping. Barring the next disaster of course.
Historical data has shown when interest rate drops the market crashes.

Nasdaq and S&P500 almost at all time highs...a bear stands up before it attacks.

Last edited:
A cliff is good for launching a hang glider :p its all swings and roundabouts :D If its a positive December especially I'd normally expect that to be mirror equal opposite in Jan (to start), Im not sure the swings matter as much as the larger picture. RR shows as +260% on the little free share app I use, emphasis on little unfortunately
vs 'By comparison, British Gas owner Centrica is currently valued at £7.7bn on the London Stock Exchange.'

Back
Top Bottom