Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
Crnd looks like it might be heading back up...closed at +43%. Next few days should be interesting. :)

That is interesting and hopefully points to a reversal in AIM commodity shares, which have been hammered of late. Both the shares I own, CNR and MXP are oversold and are so cheap right now. Just need a good RNS and they should fly, but if not no worries, just as long as they're both £1+ next year! :D

Caporegime
It is a sharesave scheme where i put in so much every month for three years and can then take either the (money + interest) i have saved or take the option to get the equivalent shares that i would have brought at the initial price of 27p a share.

Save As You Earn (SAYE) Scheme
The SAYE scheme is an option scheme with a parallel savings plan. It is an all-employee scheme (again, directors and 25% shareholders are ineligible to join).

Employees save regular sums out of their salary (maximum £250 a month) over a period of 3, 5 or 7 years, into a special savings account. All interest earned on this account is tax free. At the end of the savings period, the accumulated savings can be used to acquire shares under an option that was granted at the start of the period. If the share value has fallen, or for any other reason the employee does not choose to exercise the option, he can instead receive cash from the savings plan.

If the employee exercises the option, there is no PAYE or NIC due. The shares are now his property, and he can if he wishes sell them immediately – his only tax will be any capital gains tax if he sells the shares. The employee can, however, transfer the shares (within 90 days of exercising the option) into an ISA or a stakeholder pension tax free.

When the option is granted to the employee, the option price must be at least 80% of the value of the shares on the date of grant.

Soldato
Lloy is a dog for sure, long term holders love em

Might explain why they had a complete change at the top now for better or worse. ex santander guy at the top which might be good since that group holds/manages a lot of debt also, hopefully he can innovate (in time)

Sub 60 its under the ice. Read of some plans for every member of the uk to be handed shares in this and RBS as an attempt at government divestment

Had to choose between BP and GKP at close just by own choice, Ive overinvested so trimming a bit on slight rise this afternoon.
Snipped GKP a bit as it plays dead for the mo BP NYSE continues up, hopefully a good idea to hold them - they received 1bn in compensation from partners in Gulf project disaster which equates to 5p a share I believe or less.

Not sure of GKP quote stateside, but deserves to be twice the price in long run will fish out links later to see if its moved at all
HOIL EMED a few others quoted in canada also

Associate
Well i've started to buy back into miners, prices looking very attractive again after 4-5 months of decline. Nothing substantial yet till i'm sure they've bottomed out. I really should have bought more CEY and certainly will be on dips.

A few small caps on the watchlist: HER, AGQ, GGG, BAO, BEM, OTC, EMED, AMC and many others.

Buy when others are fearfull and all that ! :D

Caporegime
Guys,

Looking into doing this to increase my monthly returns...is there a post somewhere in this thread (all 140 pages of it) with a getting started guide to get going?

Cheers,
Jake :)

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Save As You Earn (SAYE) Scheme stuff.

Exactly the same as my sharesave scheme when I worked for Pennon Group.

Wasn't on much money so only started out on £150 a month 3 year one, gave me enough for a house deposit at the end plus some left over as was rather lucky with how things turned out :)

The wife still works there and is doing a couple of them, when this years comes out I'll probably top it up for her to max out the £250 a limit.

Soldato
^^ Questor just recommended them in his weekly video I think

Starting guides - Not sure is there a simple all in one guide.
I been reading finance since the eighties and I still mess things up. Problem is it costs so much money, best to have a dozen ways to check your facts first.

Start with Naked trader, read his book. Read the FT every day for the next year, use their graphs. Enter Stockchallenge for June coming up, any 5 choices

Investopedia.com - Your Source For Investing Education
Investopedia.com - Your Source For Investing Education. Includes the most comprehensive investing dictionary on the web as well as articles and tutorials on ...
www.investopedia.com/ - Cached - Similar
Simulator
Dictionary
Login
Beginners

Tutorials
CFA Level I Exam
Stock Analysis
Acronyms

Added some POG on friday. I will sell it early on a rise and if it doesnt rise it will be close to being a gold miner at sub 10 PE , pretty amazing

Last edited:
ORE RNS finally, (back) up to 1p this morning with a 12% rise. Of course, now rewarded with a return to 0.86p and a 2.9% rise.

CNR tanking, now in the red on that one. Grr.

Market sentiment is awful at the moment, as above I wonder how much more of this we have to endure?

Soldato
No funds to top up until Wednesday so I kinda hope some of my interests stay low till then, Rrl, Cnr and others do look a good top up opportunity, both had good news recently but have been absorbed by the market

I'm evens on Cnr and if it was good enough for 4 months ago at this price its even better now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom