Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Soldato
the xel fall was so bad i simply had to sell some of my other shares to buy some at 202p - the temptation was too great. we'll have see if that was a good idea.........

Soldato
Lucky sod,

Who to you trade through? I sat re-requesting quotes for about 30 mins, eventually i got a live quote for £4k at £225

iii - i must have got lucky, only took a couple of tries (although in that time it went from 198 to 202p) - but i could only get a small amount, and it actually ups my average.

Associate
I also managed to get some XEL at 202p, however I was spamming the buy button from 188p for about 2 minutes until they finally settled my trade at 202p. The last lot of XEL I purchased was at 315p, which felt like a good price at the time. My original holding was purchased around 100p, and then some more top ups around 160p. My average is now 203p!

The fundamentals of the company just make anything under 200p seem like craziness, but what do us trading peons know compared to the big boys eh ? :)

Associate
There is an AGM very soon, I think we'll hear more then.

XEL is a long term hold for me, I'm waiting for dividends. I wasn't expecting to pick any more up for under 300p, so I'm pretty happy with the company in general - even if this was a monumental balls up.

A lot of people are saying there might be a placement to raise more funds. Again this might be addressed at the AGM, but who knows what price that will be done at. With official confirmed figures now they should be able to get money from bank debt, but they might prefer placement cash.

Soldato
Might be worth swapping some GKP for XEL I guess just as its a less volatile part of the world.

I dont use level 2 sorry, I often just scale in longer term which is a lot less hassle then the day trading thing.
Theres a couple places that will examine the order book and attempt to get the better quote, selftrade claims to do this

So far it has defined 1.02 million ounces of gold to JORC standards.
I read the CNR report while half asleep, is it good ? :o Wasnt that bad surely

Share price seems reasonable buy to me in general, price now is in line with lowest prices of this year. Any lower and it'd start to look to have lost that positive momentum
Volume has been low on this downward drift but not as dead calm as the Feb 6p levels were

So thats a 40m company with 1bn $ of gold. I realise it costs a lot of money to get it out of the ground but Im not thinking its overvalued. My average buy is about 7p now anyway

Last edited:
Soldato
So thats a 40m company with 1bn $ of gold. I realise it costs a lot of money to get it out of the ground but Im not thinking its overvalued. My average buy is about 7p now anyway

CNR is in a good position. Fully funded and plenty of upcoming drill results to add to their current resources. Looks like the drop has been a combination of the recent drop on commodities/aim and a lot of regular large sell orders. Must be someone with a very low average...

Soldato
Update on MXP. ASK-1 delay is due to problems with the drill, ZMA-ET2 has reached TD and is being logged, and NARS-1 has been spudded. Pretty decent update, shame about the problems with the drill rig but this should be resolved soon hopefully. Considering everything that's happening, the sp has dropped so I'm topping up. As soon as ASK-1 results come in which are bound to be positive (judging from results in the jurassic), this sucker is going to fly.

It's an exciting share to be honest, and we are still in the pre-salts. In three months drilling on the deeps starts, then we are talking massive potential! Get in whilst it's still so cheap.

Soldato
Been my impression lately that GKP has been pretty hardy in this selling. I guess its waiting on news :confused:

XEL was sold off at 235 by simon cawkwell who declared the 600p target as unrealistic

Sold some AGK but I hope it falls back sometime this year. Switched that into STAN on plan

Dollar is still rising, while its still doing that the sun wont shine long any day soon. Waiting for it to stall at March high prices

OIL falling, expecting that to return to Feburary prices before trusting it that much.
Unfortunately Im holding BP as it continues to fall but it was already beat up and it shouldnt have as much to lose, in theory

BLT VED KAZ all better value now, the yield is even not that bad plus I think they will shine some day in future

Also looking at POG as thats too cheap, its iron and gold and russia and undervalued for all three counts. POG already has a subsidiary listing in HK and KAZ will dual list there.

China are the largest clients of commodity companies, some think HK is the Wallstreet of tomorrow I would argue Bombay

I hope GKP is quietly brewing another jump up. Looking to move out of riskier stocks into the bigger ones I listed above, they are too cheap and little risk for it

Blue day again.

Think it alternates quite a bit for the meanwhile
0xFCZ.gif

CNR recovered from a bad fall to 6.5 which is February highest prices. This pretty much invalidates the breakout of March, keep watching

Last edited:
Associate
Apart from offshore Asian funds, Equity Income funds and Bonds i've been sat mostly in cash for the past month or so. Patiently waiting for the market to settle down before i start piling in again.

Got my eye on Centamin (CEY) looking very cheap right now due to the political uncertanty in Egypt. On track for 250-290,000 ounce Gold production for 2011. Debt free and fully funded for further expansion of the Sukari Gold mine and ramping up of future production. Could be a nice buying opportunity there.

MML another good one that i will be buying on dips.

Soldato
Yep CEY is cheap, I did expect them to have gone back up by now, I think a lot of people did but that needs big money and theres much to fear still?
Election up coming in Sept I think which puts them pretty similar to GKP before March last year and they didnt form a government for months after either

CEY price may ramp up when they fully realise an overly low PE. Right now I think they have not got the full figures in, its all 'well in theory'

Iraq set to miss oil output goals

By Javier Blas and David Blair in London
Published: May 15 2011 18:17 | Last updated: May 15 2011 21:31
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a7b1b332-...p=crm/email/2011515/nbe/BreakingNews1/product

Some good background to the region. Very important to the world even, Iraq is the worlds largest reserve of oil most likely

I think that helps to confirm the recent KRG agreement, Baghdad needs innovation and much higher production and revenue. All praise to those that bring it hopefully

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom